Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Looks pretty darn good! Did you do the rears too? What temp paint did you use?

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup did the front and rears...

I bought some Caliper paint kit @ kragens for like $15. I forget the temp...but i'm sure its sufficiant

Its made by duplicolor

·
4,664 Posts
I've had a can of that sitting on the shelf for half a year, waiting to go on... Looks good, I guess I'll have to actually get off my rear and do it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah ive wanted to do it also, but not sure what color would look good with my Mo. I would love it if I could do it the to match the factory paint. Is this a special type of paint or just regular paint that they market for this purpose?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i was thinking about doing this too, looks good so i might have to actualy do it now. Do you know if it comes in other colors than red?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ive seen red, yellow, blue and orange (all bright colors) and also black ..I think I might have seen a silver/gray too. Cant remember though.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
jaycen,
What do you think? I think orange would clash unless it was a close match. I was thinking black would be the best bet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah the orange looked pretty bright, I didnt think it would look good. I wish we could get an orange that matched our factory paint I think that would look best. I too was thinking about the black, but I think it wouldnt be very noticeable in black and so what is the sense of doing it. I tried to imagine what the yellow would look like, kinda like the brembo brake calipers on the G35 but I still am not sure if that would look good either.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looked into it a bit more, this company has the colors I listed before but also has green, purple, silver, gold and white. I dont think any of us want the purple or green, but the other colors could be some options.

http://www.g2usa.com/wheel.shtml

Here are some pics of the colored calipers:
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/november01/g2.shtml
http://www.mgracing.an/caliperpaint.htm

Check out the brembo stecil kit at the bottom of this site. We can fake like we have brembo brakes...lol
http://www.eagleday.com/brcapaki.html

This site has spray on paint intead of brush on and suggests baking the calipers in an oven or bbq after painting:
http://www.nationalfleetparts.com/detail.asp?product_id=vht_paint&OVRAW=brake caliper paint&OVKEY=brake caliper paint&OVMTC=standard

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could also use VHT Brake Caliper, Drum, and Rotor paint for much less than many of those other "kits". It's a spray on and you do not have to bake them after painting however thurough cleaning prior to is very important no matter which you choose.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I personally wouldn't use the brembo stencils - even if it looks authentic, you would be a poser with stock non brembo brakes. If you really want attention like that, might as well get a big brake kit rather than the fake method.

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah I thought about it...does brembo make a brake kit that will fit murano?

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah I've seen that one before Sim, but $2600 buck....ouch!!! and you only get to choose between black or red so you would still have to paint them if you wanted a different color.

·
Registered
746 Posts
$2600 is a good price based on my experience with such products. Wait to see what Brembo will ask for if they ever make the kit! lol

·
Registered
542 Posts
I know they are going to be expensive, and I would pay it if they are a good quality set up, I just think I have other mods higher on my priority list now that I could use that money towards, but down the road who knows.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but besides the painted caliper what does this $2,600 kit do?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The big brake kit usually comes with

1) 2,3,4-piston calipers (as opposed for the single piston design of the stockers)

2) high performance brake pads (usually grip better when heated up)

3) larger rotors (to dissipate heat better, since the brakes are really a giant heat sink)

4) stainless steel brake lines (firmer brake pedal feel because the expansion of the stock rubber lines is no longer there)

Contrary to what most people think, cross drilled or slotted rotors do not reduce stopping distance. For track driving their ability to control outgassing might be advantageous, but for a vehicle like the Murano (or any other street car) it is just for looks (and its also less durable than a normal rotor). For the Murano I would forgo the fancy rotor and just go with a cryo treated "blank" rotor.

$2600 is a ridiculous price for just the front brakes.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts