Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reckon a real tricked up MURANO would be a great vehicle for the 2007 Paris to Dakar endurance race. What do you reckon, about a 500hp turbocharged V6? I reckon that Nissan would have a potential winner. I don't know about the CVT, although a beefed up tiptronic only version would be great!! :cool:

The MURANO body/chassis/motor/trans combo has a lot of potential for desert racing!! :29:

·
5,244 Posts
TOXIC,

you are kiding, aren't you. You cannot be serious..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
serious? yes siree!!

Kris said:
TOXIC,

you are kiding, aren't you. You cannot be serious..
Hi Kris, yes I am. Now way back when the Mitsubishi Pajero first came out it was a reasonable 4WD and nobody thought that it would be a good desert racing vehicle but sure enough it turned out to be the best! The Paris Dakar in fact helped to improve the Pajero for production use. Now I am not saying use a stock MURANO but a MURANO in name only and one which has a special body and running gear suitable for this race. The potential is definately there and here in Australia a lot of vehicles that normally would not be used for 'outback' excursions at high speed in fact do make great outback racers. It is only a thought and worthy of a little discussion! :D

·
5,244 Posts
I remember Pajero. It was a nice car.

Talking about the Outback – I am sure AWD Murano would do well. I remember taking Falcons, Commodores and Magnas to places weird places. Never had any troubles. I can only imagine how well Murano would do. I know it is not a real off-roader but still it has potential to go I would say 95% places that most people go.

Where are you in Oz?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you in Oz?

Kris, I live in the state of South Australia which is the gateway to the outback. The city in which I live is Adelaide. The population is about 1.1million. The town which is the last large town before the outback is Port Augusta about 200 miles north of Adelaide. Once one gets past Port Augusta the scenery turns very desert like and the further north the more sparse vegitation becomes. The state border is approximately 1000mile from Adelaide. The main road is very good highway with a speed limit of approx 70 MPH. Once over the border into the Northern Territory there is NO speed limit!! :D Then approx. 1000mile to Darwin the largest most northern city.

·
5,244 Posts
Adelaide! Never made there. Though did make to Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Wollongong, Brisbane, good old Rocky, up North to Cairns and north of Duntree River. Still remember the Mosman Gorge, Kuranda, Great Barrier Reef, the Simpson Dessert and towns Birdsville and Bedouri. Good memories.

One of my young engineers went to work for an energy company in Adelaide and he did travel to Ayers Rock (Uluru). This is something I always wanted to do. Still is on my “to visit” places together with Kakatoo, Western Australia, Tasmanian Rain Forrest……maybe one day…..

Good to know we have another Aussie on the board.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
TOXIC said:

Kris, I live in the state of South Australia which is the gateway to the outback. The city in which I live is Adelaide. The population is about 1.1million. The town which is the last large town before the outback is Port Augusta about 200 miles north of Adelaide. Once one gets past Port Augusta the scenery turns very desert like and the further north the more sparse vegitation becomes. The state border is approximately 1000mile from Adelaide. The main road is very good highway with a speed limit of approx 70 MPH. Once over the border into the Northern Territory there is NO speed limit!! :D Then approx. 1000mile to Darwin the largest most northern city.
My younger sister live in Sydney. I have been to Sydney and Melbourne so far. Beautiful country you have there ... :4:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey, I'm game to take on Dakar, sign me up! :D ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only one watching it on OLN... :4:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Into The Desert

MightyMo said:
Hey, I'm game to take on Dakar, sign me up! :D ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only one watching it on OLN... :4:

Hi, perhaps it is only a matter of time and somebody MAY think of entering a much modded MO into the Paris Dakar desert race, anyones guess!. I reckon though, someone here in OZ will be sure to take one through the SIMPSON DESERT which is a sparse remote desert in the north of South Australia. If it can get through there it will go anywhere!! The MO has only been here in OZ for less than a year and it is already receiving rave reviews!! :29:

·
Registered
485 Posts
As amusing as an idea it may be, Nissan will never do it. Sure, underneath those H3s, Tourages, X5s, and yes Fronteers, are fully tube framed race trucks that have nothing at all to do with the origional beast. But why would Nissan ever put a Murano skin on one of their race trucks? Their target market from their comercials is clearly people who wouldn't know Dakar from a hole in the ground. Actually, I'm amazed they haven't put a Titan skin and badge on their trucks yet...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts