Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay.....

this is the easy, screw-looseless way to do this.....

warning.... be careful when trying this..... the wheelwell liner can scratch your paint, if it makes contact........

also, remember to not force anything here.... the plastic shell is thin and flexible, when convinced to move correctly...

all pix taken on the RHS wheelwell....

STEP ONE

identify where to start..........

theres a tab, about midway down the front of the wheelwell... this is gonna be the place to push in (so you can grab an edge to pull out)...

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
es...

well done. Now we all know.......

Thanks for the pics.......

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and you're done..............

it looks like its a bit of a force to do it this way, but just take your time and dont pull too much of the liner....

also, there a few push-tabs inside the upper portion of the wheelwell...... by popping them out (push in the center of them with a small screwdriver or such) you'll make the liner even easier to seperate from the body.........

pretty simple, eh??

SMS

·
Registered
70 Posts
thanks a bunch

thanks soo much for showing me that, looks like it will save lots of time. I ordered my 194s yesterday so hopefully next weekend I can get them! Pics coming soon...

·
Registered
275 Posts
LED Replacement bulbs

Hey guys, take a look here and tell me what you think.

They look very effective to me. Watch the video, they appear to work really effectively in the reflector.

http://www.ledtronics.com/

I still haven't figured out how to remove my tail lght bulbs, it's weird. Like they aren't accessible...

Matthew

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Light went BOOM!

Just received a set of Hoen XenonMatch fog lamps and Parking Bulbs. Installed the passenger side first and tested them and I liked what I saw. Installed drivers side lamps and tested. Fog came on BUT parking light blew up instantly. The bulb changed colors and I think the filament burning up was the reason. Now folks, let me tell you these bulbs are on the expensive side and this should not happen with high performance bulbs....so lets see if Hoen lives up to their reputation. I e-mailed them. I hope there is not going to be a long drawn out battle over a bulb that probably cost less than $1.00 to manufacture. I'll keep you posted.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gen...........

sounds like the filament may have been defective in some way.....

i had very good customer relations with hoen... i hope you do also...

report back either way!!

sms

ps- did you touch the glass?? (oil fom fingers will cause premature heating and could cook the filament...but mostly on the pressurized bulbs like the fogs....)

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Follow up on BOOM!

Just checked my e-mail and received response from Hoen.

No problem, I will send new ones out to you right away. -Andreas
That was kind of quick HUH?

Thats how a business keeps a customer in their pocket....Just make 'em happy :D

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
touch bulbs

esemes to answer your question....

I used medical gloves when installing the bulbs.

I recommend that anyone who replaces the fog lamp do this as well. I installed my fogs without removing the fog lens assembly (or any cover for that matter) and it is super awkward to do this with the washer fluid tank in the way. If you do it without gloves you WILL touch the bulb when trying to install it.

·
5,268 Posts
Wow, this is a great customer service.

I purchased from them fogs and was happy. Now I can see is time for the parking. Sad I could not do it together.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Esemes THANK YOU so much. I've been looking for these instructions for days!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts