Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people are putting the Parrot Bluetooth Handsfree Kit in their Muranos. I make a plug and play harness adapter for the Murano - so there are no wires to tap or cut or splice. Makes the install a 1 hour or less procedure. Plus, you get the cell audio through your existing speakers for a nice surround sound effect. The interface also provides full radio mute on receiving or making a call. Many feel that the Parrot kit with our interface is far superior to the factory bluetooth that is going into new Maximas and FX's.

Basically here are some links for anyone interested:

If your Murano has Bose CLICK HERE

If you don't have Bose, see the QCNis-1 plug and play adapter HERE

For general Parrot info: http://www.parrot.biz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For a writeup by Scott M who installed our interface in his Murano CLICK HERE

One editorial note about running the microphone cord under the A-pillar - I imagine the Murano head airbag is similar to my FX. I WOULD remove the A-pillar cover to make sure the wire is routed alongside the exisitng A-pillar wire bundle (so it doesn't interfere with the airbag) - see these pics from my FX install. The mic cord can be easily "dropped" with the A-pillar cover off. Run the mic cord over to the radio area by securing it along existing harnesses under the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
3200 LS NOT COMPATABLE

I wrote the install for the 3200 in the Murano. Keep in mind that Parrot fails to let people know that there are certain phones that do not fully interface with this unit. I have the RAZR and the phone book does not show which type of number it is mobile,home,etc.,. They also do not sync in the same order as your phone for multiple # contacts. Also, the call list is completely in reverse. If you want to see your last call you have to scroll through a zillion #s to see it. The last # should be first to view not last ! Another annoying feature is that the radio comes in and out when the call is coming in instead of fully muting after the first ring. The biggest disappontment for myself was that the call waiting feature simply DOES NOT WORK. This is the most basic feature on any cell phone! I have not tried the picture ID so I cannot tell you if this works. It is not important to me. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BUY TO MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE WILL REALIZE A FULL FEATURED INTERFACE WITH THE PARROT. IF IT DOES NOT, WHY PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR FEATURES THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE !!!!! 608-575-4790.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gee, sorry to hear that. There are lots of Verizon Razr users that don't have issues with the Parrots although the Parrot forum does have their share of complaining Razr users. I have a Verizon E815 and it works like a champ in the Infiniti FX- although I did report the call waiting issue to Parrot (I have to press the green button on the phone to swap calls- otherwise I never have to touch my phone in the car). Interestingly my Treo 700W doesn't have the call waiting issue and I can swap between calls with the green button on the Parrot without touching the phone.

If anyone wants to see if their phone has been tested with a Parrot, see here: http://www.parrot.biz The list is not complete and Parrot updates their firmware intermittently to resolve certain issues. But they are a French company and a little slow to respond :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey SDGuy,

do you ship overseas to Australia? I just got a Parrot 3200 LS and am looking at one of your harnesses.

Not 100% sure it will work with our Aussie MO's and bose but Im willing to give it a try

·
Registered
124 Posts
SDGuy said:

For general Parrot info: http://www.parrot.biz [/B]
I am not sure if the link isn't working or it is just me. I found that the connector for Murano with Boss radio { Adapter QCHBB-NI
(formerly HBBH-1)} costs $100 more than any other connectors. Do you mind elaborating on what's the advantage of using this harness vs direct install? It looks like the connector has some kind of amplifier... Hard to say based on a small picture.
Will this work for nav-equipped cars?

·
Registered
124 Posts
SDGuy said:

For general Parrot info: http://www.parrot.biz [/B]
I am not sure if the link isn't working or it is just me. I found that the connector for Murano with Boss radio { Adapter QCHBB-NI
(formerly HBBH-1)} costs $100 more than any other connectors. Do you mind elaborating on what's the advantage of using this harness vs direct install? It looks like the connector has some kind of amplifier... Hard to say based on a small picture.
Will this work for nav-equipped cars?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, the harness is now called QCHBB-NI and has two adjustable speaker level to differential audio converters in it (one for each stereo channel). It is plug and play with the Murano with Bose (your car can also have NAV, satelllite and Ipod adapters without conflicts). We've gone stereo because the new Parrot MK6000 model streams audio from your phone or Ipod over the A2DP protocol.

There is no such thing as a "direct install" of a Parrot kit in most vehicles. You can cut into the 32 connections of the Parrot and hand wire - but most people want a plug and play solution. We make the conversion harnesses for plug and play for nearly every car, truck and SUV. Howard at www.quickconnectproducts.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
You really need this harness

I bought the Parrot CK3000 on ebay for $90 and tried to have a local installer put it in without using the harness. He was able to get the microphone working but couldn't figure out how to get the mute to work. There is no mute line on the non-bose stereo. The incoming calls also sounded like they were coming from a tin cup. Remember, this is from a professional installer. Once I got the harness, it took care of all the issues. Very clean install. I located the control device right below the ignition key.

I like this the ck3000 a lot. No one really knows it's there and my razr phone's voice tags work without any set up. I also like the "magic words" feature. I can be listening to the radio, say "telephone" and it automatically mutes the radio and is ready for my voice tags. I don't know how it filters the radio sound from my voice, but I don't have to press any buttons at all to use the phone.

All told, I have a very nice hands for system for minimal cost. Total cost was $90 for the Parrot unit, $55 for the harness and $60 for the install.

·
Registered
124 Posts
SDGuy said:
Yes, the harness is now called QCHBB-NI and has two adjustable speaker level to differential audio converters in it (one for each stereo channel). It is plug and play with the Murano with Bose (your car can also have NAV, satelllite and Ipod adapters without conflicts). We've gone stereo because the new Parrot MK6000 model streams audio from your phone or Ipod over the A2DP protocol.

There is no such thing as a "direct install" of a Parrot kit in most vehicles. You can cut into the 32 connections of the Parrot and hand wire - but most people want a plug and play solution. We make the conversion harnesses for plug and play for nearly every car, truck and SUV. Howard at www.quickconnectproducts.com
there is no doubt that the harness is helpful and many people would like to use it. however, if you do not mind explaining the differences between 'bose -- non bose' harness from the technical prospective it would be greatly appreciated.
The reason for my question is that i have installed ck3000 in my other car myself and as I recall, the Parrot allowed “speakers in - speakers out” connection which essentially cut off the radio signal to front speakers and substituted its own output to it. While it did not mute the other speakers, it worked quite well and the installation was very simple. What are the benefits of this harness beside providing plug and play functionality? I am not asking you to lower the price, I just to know an expert opinion why do you think it is necessary?
BTW: harness is $149, so its got to have something in it beside wires and connectors !:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re: You really need this harness

Pens66 said:
I bought the Parrot CK3000 on ebay for $90 and tried to have a local installer put it in without using the harness. He was able to get the microphone working but couldn't figure out how to get the mute to work. There is no mute line on the non-bose stereo. The incoming calls also sounded like they were coming from a tin cup. Remember, this is from a professional installer. Once I got the harness, it took care of all the issues. Very clean install. I located the control device right below the ignition key.

I like this the ck3000 a lot. No one really knows it's there and my razr phone's voice tags work without any set up. I also like the "magic words" feature. I can be listening to the radio, say "telephone" and it automatically mutes the radio and is ready for my voice tags. I don't know how it filters the radio sound from my voice, but I don't have to press any buttons at all to use the phone.

All told, I have a very nice hands for system for minimal cost. Total cost was $90 for the Parrot unit, $55 for the harness and $60 for the install.
do you know what were the difficulties that your installer encountered? this is what I am trying to learn here. I had ck3000 installed in my maxima myself for under an hour. I did not use any plug and play harnesses but installation was very simple. :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't really get into specifics. I know that he said that there was no line in to control the mute function. Callers were able to hear me okay, but I could not understand the callers. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. When I took it in without the harness, it took 1 1/2 hours to get it to to that point. I had to leave since a had another appointment. If you want the name of the installer, let me know, he may be willing to help you.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
hi, i am interested in this harness.... but got a stupid question...
besides this harness, what else would i need to get a bluetooth enabled cell phone to work on my Bose Audio system

·
Registered
741 Posts
Obviously, you need a Bluetooth enabled cell phone first. Then you need a Bluetooth car kit. Basically, this is all you need.

But if you want the sound from your cell phone to come out of your Bose speakers and you want the radio muted when a call is either received or initiated, then you need a mute device, something that goes between the Bose radio and amp. That's all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can I do this myself?

It has been a long time since I have been under the hood in a Murano...I did one of the first posts of the original PAC-NIS harness back in 04 (I think...).

If I grabbed the harness, and the 3000 Evolution kit from Parrott, is it essentially the same thing as installing the PAC-NIS?

1) Pull out the headset
2) connect the harness
3) plug the parrot into the harness
4) hide the gear and run the wires to desired locations

If that is it, I think I am going to give it a shot...$150 seems spendy for a harness...but it looks like it makes install a snap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So.... Which Parrot to buy?

I'm going to get a Parrot and the harness, and am wondering which Parrot? Is the 3000 base all I need, I only would be talking and would use phone book, etc? ...or is the 3100 LCD with the screen a nice feature, and then what about the 3200 with its color screen? And how about the space to mount, the nicer ones use more real estate in an already crowded dash.

With the harness is there anything which shows up on the Murano screen? How do you know what the steering wheel buttons are doing to the phone if you can't see a screen?

Scott

1 - 20 of 26 Posts