Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: So.... Which Parrot to buy?

mt850glt said:
I'm going to get a Parrot and the harness, and am wondering which Parrot? Is the 3000 base all I need, I only would be talking and would use phone book, etc? ...or is the 3100 LCD with the screen a nice feature, and then what about the 3200 with its color screen? And how about the space to mount, the nicer ones use more real estate in an already crowded dash.

With the harness is there anything which shows up on the Murano screen? How do you know what the steering wheel buttons are doing to the phone if you can't see a screen?

Scott
I got the 3000 evolution. We already have Nav, LCD, etc. I wanted as clean of an install as possible. I bought the harness from http://www.parrotkits.com and had an installer do the work (much less room behind the head unit on my '07 compared to my '04). Anyway, it is fantastic...couldn't be happier with the device.

·
Registered
14 Posts
mt850glt said:
Does any of the phone info show up on the Murano screen? We have the monochromatic screen, Bose, no SAT setup in an '05.
That is a negative. There is no information...other than what is on the phone. The LCD version is different...3000 is base model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still deciding

Do you end up looking at the screen on the phone, or how are you always able to do your calling without some visual clue about what the phone is up to? ie is the 3000 evolution all I need

I'm leaning toward the 3100 to get a bit of a screen, but minimize the space used in the dash area? If I don't need the screen I would prefer the smaller size of the 3000.

Any advice from Parrot users?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Still deciding

mt850glt said:
Do you end up looking at the screen on the phone, or how are you always able to do your calling without some visual clue about what the phone is up to? ie is the 3000 evolution all I need

I'm leaning toward the 3100 to get a bit of a screen, but minimize the space used in the dash area? If I don't need the screen I would prefer the smaller size of the 3000.

Any advice from Parrot users?

Thanks!
The calling is voice activated based on your phone (chk the parrot website), you could also set up voice or speed dialing on your phone and do it that way.

Honestly, we haven't played with all the features yet...no time. We are eventually going to set it up so we can say:

1) telephone (which will switch to phone and mute radio)
2) call mom...home

as for screening, you have to look at your phone with the 3000...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.