Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent the past 3 days reading over this forum and a few others from top to bottom. With any luck we pick up our new 06 SE tomorrow from the dealer and I needed a head-start on a project list.

I've tried to boil down a few years of posts concerning the use of a bluetooth unit with the NAV stereo. I had resigned myself to building the circuit I've seen floating around here and then I stumbled across this harness:

http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/...=SOT-075&searchlink=yes&search=SOT-075&page=1

From what I'm reading, this inserts the Parrot box between the head unit and the amp. It seems the Parrot box internally switches the audio from the head unit to the cel phone.

The only other concern I could see would be the level of the audio output from the Parrot box going into amp.

Have I missed something obvious in my attempt to boil down a few years into a couple nights?

Thanks,
-Ed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ed - I think we have been in touch by e-mail, but I'll answer your question here since others might have the same question:

If you have a non Bose car, you would use their SOT-096 not the 075, but this would not work with the remote bose amp. Your cell audio would be terminally too loud, mismatched and screechy. If you call Parrot they will tell you to use an external speaker because they are "not compatible with Bose" which is pretty lame.

I have an FX and solved this problem for myself a couple of years ago with a custom interface (got help from Jaak on this board as a matter of fact!). I made a few of these interfaces for people and now have bit the bullet and started producing them in small quantities at a contract manufacturer:
see http://members.cox.net/quickconnect

Hope this info helps you. Our QCNis-1 is similar to the SOT-096 but you really need our HBBH-1 for total plug and play in a Murano with Bose. I realize that it is costly but I think you would be very happy with it. Best, Howard

ps - hope you are enjoying your new Murano!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ed,

Here is a pic of the latest HBBH-1. We also now can provide the HBBH-1 in a bundle with any Parrot model including the 3000, 3100 and 3200. I'll be updating the website soon with those 3 bundles. Howard

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
SDGuy said:
Ed,

Here is a pic of the latest HBBH-1. We also now can provide the HBBH-1 in a bundle with any Parrot model including the 3000, 3100 and 3200. I'll be updating the website soon with those 3 bundles. Howard
Does this work with Satellite Radio? I'm also here in San Diego. What's involved with the installation?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Ed,
Did you install your HBBH-1 and Parrot kit in your new Murano? How did it go? Post some pics if you can. Howard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts