Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts Guy Said Nissan to Release SAT Cable (Updated talked to Nissan!!!!!!)

After calling up the Infiniti dealership and being told that they would like to sell me the cable, but couldn't, I called up the Nissan parts dept. at the dealership I bought the car from. I asked if Nissan was planning to release a cable and told him about the Infiniti story. He said that he heard that Nissan was going to release a cable, but did not have a time, or anything in writing. At least he knew what I was talking about so this does give me some confidence that he did hear this. Maybe Nissan will decide that it is better to release the cable and make money, and give the dealerships some installation labor too. I would install myself but I am sure that the dealerships would love to have a guaranteed 4 hour SAT install to ring up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK. I talked to Nissan's consumer affairs/marketing group and started talking to the guy about the SAT prewire issue and he and he new what the issue was with the Murano not having the pre-wire installed before I could tell him. I told him how the G35 cabling worked, and their were already Murano owners with SAT and then explained the VIN situation.

I asked him if Nissan was going to release a prewire. He said that "Nissan plans to come out with a SAT solution for the 03 Murano soon" but did not have a date or the details of the solution. He said that Nissan has had a lot of complaints and they are coming out with a solution to address these complaints.

I also asked if the pre-wire was in the Murano for the rear seat entertainment, he put me on hold for a couple of minutes and said that it wasn't installed and he did not expect a solution for the 03 like what they are going to do with the SAT.

·
4,601 Posts
Check out Grubbs at www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com If you don't see it, contact them and ask for it. They WILL help you.

The G35 Prewire cable is compatible with the Murano, but Nissan is being difficult and asking for VIN #'s to limit distribution.

I know another solution as well, if you strike out, but be persistant with Grubbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts