Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hit the dealership this morning and grabbed our sales guy and a loaded Murano. We took that and our van to the wheelchair place for a test fit.

I have to remove the back bar from Spencer's walker to get it in, not a huge deal but something you would have to do every time.

The wheelchair with the smaller wheels would fit if we remove the feet rests. With the next size up wheels it was a no go unless we popped the wheels and folded it up.

So that was just not going to work out for our needs. We left dealership to eat lunch and think it over and have decided not to make a vehicle change right now.

Not much out there does much for me and I really hate to give up my perfect in every other way M3 so we will hope we don't run into the need for a backup vehicle and the van will do just fine for awhile. It is a bit depressing as I love cars and was looking forward to various Murano features I don't currently have in my 7 year old car.

Not sure how much time I will spend out on this board without being an owner.

Good luck to all
Kevin

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Good Luck bye :(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Would an Armada or Quest be a better fit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did not look at Armada.

No thanks on the Quest. I don't want another mini-van. I was looking to replace my M3 with something that could hold kid stuff. We have a mini-van, this would be a back up vehicle really.

We had a Mercury Villager and to be honest it was a POS so I would not go with a Quest plus I really think what the French did to the interior is not all that functional.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
You should try the armada...

I think it has enough space for your need.
At leaset, while it is not the murano, you still will buy a nissan vehicle. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: You should try the armada...

SugarRushMurano said:
At leaset, while it is not the murano, you still will buy a nissan vehicle. ;)
SugarRush, I am not so sure if that is a positive thing......:2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is my deal. If I am going to give up the M3 I want something unique with power. There are a pile of vehicles that will fit what I have but that was not the first thing on my shopping list.

I love cars. I need vitamin G every day. I am not going to get that from a minivan or an Armada.

I also want to stick around the 20 MPG in town which is what I get from my M3 even though I drive it like a rental. I do take care of the car. All maintenance and I keep it clean as I also hate a dirty car.

The Murano was one of the few (only?) vehicles that looked like it could fit my needs. It did not totally work for the walker and wheelchair leaving me very disappointed. I am going to have to get over that and buy something I really don't want or stick with the M3 and hope I don't need to use it with my son very often.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kevin,
Sorry ithe Murano didn't work out. Spencer has a lot more "gear" than Eric. BTW you had asked about Eric's situation. I posted on your last thread. Let me know if you read it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S

Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ed, I did read it. Thanks for the info and good luck to your family. I know it is not easy on any one to raise a special needs child. Something that you don't wish on your worst enemy to use an old cliche.

Heck I even had to get into it with my sister over the holidays because she felt we were holding people up by having Spencer walk when we were one block away from our destination and 45 minutes early. Very few can understand our situation you can just hope for patience and understanding when they don't.

Kevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Dad recently purchased a 2005 Honda Odyssey and while it's not a Murano, it is very nice and should easily handle your needs.

I was impressed by it's power and handling considering it's a minivan.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts