Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My 2021 Murano with 9,000 miles has developed what seems to be a squeak/rattle when going over small bumps at a low speeds on the passenger side by the window/air vent dash area.

After pulling apart the dash with no success, I went to the windshield area on the outside and found the small little cowls that sit along windshield and fender were causing this. (SEE ATTACHED). I took them off cleaned them and sprayed down them with WD-40 Silicone spray and that noise is gone.

I still have a rattle when hitting a hard bump from that area which sounds like plastic or around the air vent inside dashboard I cant put my finger on it. Has anyone experience this and found a solution? I would love to know!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It's a '21, I would have the dealer address it.

At least have them check it, then there will be a record of the problem prior to the warranty expiring...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a '21, I would have the dealer address it.

At least have them check it, then there will be a record of the problem prior to the warranty expiring...
I was planning on mentioning it the next service at the dealership. I just hate asking them to look at these things I feel they will just cause more problems.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATE:

I finally fixed it for good! Had some more time today to troubleshoot it.

I completely removed the glovebox that’s where I had more access to bang around and found the metal L Bracket holding the passenger air bag was loose. That ended up moving around during bumps causing a buzzing sound.

Very tight area I ended up using a offset Phillips screwdriver (Attached) and tightened the bolt holding the bracket and it immediately went away.

Finally after a test drive it’s quiet like when I drove it off the lot! Hopefully this can help others as I was messing with the window cowl, vents and even glovebox.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Nice find!

I would imagine the air bag bracket being loose may compromise it from deploying properly... I would report the issue to the NHTSA.

Reactions: maximumsport
1 - 6 of 6 Posts