Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger door on our 2020 Platinum is very sharp.needs a do I see corner or else I'd it hits you and you are tall, you get cuts on face, forehead. Anyone else experience this? Happened to us 3 times now. Always front passenger. Really needs a rounded corner. Sitting on a small incline today and door was open. Going to get in and door hits forehead and now have nice cut. Otherwise we love it!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I haven't experienced anything remotely like this with my '19...

Sharp edge or not, if you guys keep banging your heads into things it's going to leave a mark...

·
Super Moderator
1,610 Posts
Unfortunately, gravity is involved here.

If you park on a nose-up incline, when you open the door, gravity is going to stick it's ugly head up and want to pull the door closed, yes even if your head is in the way. Gravity doesn't care and even gets a little chuckle out of it.

Try holding the door when getting out to prevent it from closing on it's own when parked on an incline. Problem solved.

Have a good day.

PS This isn't your first car is it? Because all cars do this under these conditions.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You're right Kathlan. I've whacked my head more than once on the odd shaped and protruding corner of the front doors. I'm overly cautious and aware of that because of it. Not much you can do otherwise. Maybe attaching some sort of rubber on the corner but I don't how you would do that.

·
Registered
2018 Murano SL
157 Posts
I have hit my head getting into a couple vehicles over the years and it hurts like hell. I tend to hold the door when climbing into a car or truck but can certainly imagine situations where I could/would not do that.

A piece of vinyl door-edge guard (meant to keep the door edge from chipping) would soften and round the corner a little bit but it won't make the 90 degree curve, but there is not much clearance between that and the door frame when the door is closed. Maybe try some small pieces of stick-on foam weatherstripping for home windows? It would probably fall off eventually, but if it works just cut a bunch of pieces and keep them in a baggie in the glovebox or something.

With the forehead hits, did the door basically release from its detent and move into the passenger's way, or did the passenger just hit a stationary door while getting in, maybe with the car parked in a tight spot? If the door is coming off the detent too easily, you could conceivably remove some of the lubrication(?). Not sure if there is a mechanical way to tighten up the detents.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I haven't experienced anything remotely like this with my '19...

Sharp edge or not, if you guys keep banging your heads into things it's going to leave a mark...
Upon further reflection, I realized I was thinking from the prospective of someone who is taller, my head is no where near the corner of the door. I now understand someone shorter would be more vulnerable to hitting it, and it is quite SHARP, it would leave a hell of a mark I would think...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.