Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving on the interstate this weekend, one of those orange cone/tube things jumped out of nowhere :) and hit my passenger side mirror and knocked the back plastic cover into the void. The actual mirror seems to have survived without any damage...

So my question is, can I order this back piece of the mirror myself or would it be better/easier just to take it into a body shop. It appears as though I just need to buy the back mirror cover and snap it back into place - nothing seems broken.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Might be worth a Junk Yard visit, Their may be a number of Nissan's or other vehicle that will fit, They are pretty smart at know these things. Could be quick and cheap to make a call or so. luck :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would be surprised if you could buy the back piece, I think it
will come as a complete assembly. Hope I'm wrong.

·
5,100 Posts
TRUE But I was hoping the whole thing would be so cheap it would still be a bargain.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had a deranged homeless man do to my Murano what the orange cone did to yours. Luckily for me, I went back to the freeway entrance where it happened and not only was the homeless guy gone, but I found the cover. It had a scratch or two, but snapped right back into place. Find out from your dealer if you can buy just the cover part or have to buy the whole assembly. Either way, I'm guessing it won't be cheap.

Good luck.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Ummm

Either way, I'm guessing it won't be cheap.
Nissan OEM spareparts/accesories and "cheap" never come .
together :rolleyes:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just took a look at the parts list, and there is a "Mirror Cover" listed. From the drawing it looks like the back cover piece. The price listed is approximately $47.00. I don't know if it can be ordered to match your vehicle's color or if you have to have it painted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks CopperKat - that sounds like a little better news. How are you looking up the parts? Is there a website? And is there a way for me to order that part?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I bought a parts list/collision estimate guide off e-bay for around $5 or $6. Here's a link to a website that will allow you to look up and order parts. I don't know what year your Murano is, but here is the mirror info for a 03-04. Click Here

Here's the link if you want to do a search for another part Parts

·
5,100 Posts
That's MY dealer. His prices on parts have always been good, I sent some forum member there for oil filters. Did you every check out the Air bag prices, Se sell the S/w Air Bag to Ford for less than $50 ea, and the Passenger for Less than $65. a 10 to 1 mark up thu the chain, and don't forget you have to pay for Installation and a Hefty disposal fee for the (hazardous spent unit)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts