Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Murano on 22” wheels and many many mods and am wanting my ride height lowered. I have looked and found coilovers for the Murano but haven’t found many other options. I am thinking of going airbags and I was told the R52 2013+ pathfinder has the same suspension. That being the case I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the suspension from that pathfinder will fit the Z52 Murano?

Automotive tire Camera accessory Tire Font Auto part

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2020 Murano on 22” wheels and many many mods and am wanting my ride height lowered. I have looked and found coilovers for the Murano but haven’t found many other options. I am thinking of going airbags and I was told the R52 2013+ pathfinder has the same suspension. That being the case I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the suspension from that pathfinder will fit the Z52 Murano?

View attachment 54247
Anybody have a R52 FWD pathfinder and wanna do some measurements and pics for me? Or anyone know if this is interchangeable parts?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Anybody have a R52 FWD pathfinder and wanna do some measurements and pics for me? Or anyone know if this is interchangeable parts?
FWIW, I don't have a 3rd gen Murano, but I did a search on KYB's website for both the 2020 Murano and 2020 Pathfinder and the same part number comes up for the front struts (339347/339348), but a different part number for the rear shock absorbers (349092-Murano/349237-Pathfinder). For the rear shocks, the mounts are the same but the properties (i.e. compressed/extended length and stroke) are slightly different. I would expect the rear shocks for the Pathfinder to be beefier due to its higher towing capacity.

Find the right, shock, strut or strut assembly for your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I like the exhaust tips. I was looking for double of triple spherical tips. The stock exhaust is boring. They should have been chrome-plated. I think it would look cool to have some kind of lighting emanating from the exhaust tips. Maybe something that reacts to the gas pedal or engine RPMs, that would increase and decrease brightness to appear like things are glowing hot then cooling down.

As much as I'd like to be able to crack open the windows when it's raining, I've never liked those plastic rain guards, but they actually blend fairly well with your MO's black paint.

I thought it was just an illusion, but I'm seeing the same thing in two pics, where the driver-rear bumper trim appears to be going underneath/behind the wheel well trim. Did something happen or is that just a lighting anomaly?

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW, I don't have a 3rd gen Murano, but I did a search on KYB's website for both the 2020 Murano and 2020 Pathfinder and the same part number comes up for the front struts (339347/339348), but a different part number for the rear shock absorbers (349092-Murano/349237-Pathfinder). For the rear shocks, the mounts are the same but the properties (i.e. compressed/extended length and stroke) are slightly different. I would expect the rear shocks for the Pathfinder to be beefier due to its higher towing capacity.

Find the right, shock, strut or strut assembly for your vehicle.
Thank you I think I’m going to take the dive and order the setup and bag my Murano. Pretty sure that has to be a first lol. I really do appreciate the assist and I had seen the same in searches but you’re getting similar results on other sites makes me think it’s possible for sure now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the exhaust tips. I was looking for double of triple spherical tips. The stock exhaust is boring. They should have been chrome-plated. I think it would look cool to have some kind of lighting emanating from the exhaust tips. Maybe something that reacts to the gas pedal or engine RPMs, that would increase and decrease brightness to appear like things are glowing hot then cooling down.

As much as I'd like to be able to crack open the windows when it's raining, I've never liked those plastic rain guards, but they actually blend fairly well with your MO's black paint.

I thought it was just an illusion, but I'm seeing the same thing in two pics, where the driver-rear bumper trim appears to be going underneath/behind the wheel well trim. Did something happen or is that just a lighting anomaly?
Guessing it’s a lighting thing cause I’ve done nothing to the rear other than I have a flow master exhaust and also custom tips I added.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Guessing it’s a lighting thing cause I’ve done nothing to the rear other than I have a flow master exhaust and also custom tips I added.
I wonder if the garage that did the exhaust work had to remove or loosen some of that black trim and then they reinstalled it wrong. The closer shot of that rear doesn't really look like a lighting problem, it actually looks tucked under. Maybe take a closer look at both sides. I suppose it's possible someone maybe gently bumped into your car on that side and it pushed everything in slightly. Does the other side look the same way? Attached is a picture of the rear wheel well on my car...

BTW, I like those wheels. I haven't bought new ones yet, but those look somewhat similar to some I was looking at. Problem is, all the wheels I like would cost $2,700-$5000, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on wheels.

What's the brand on those running boards? They look nice.

You might consider losing the mud flaps. Makes the rear look nicer.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if the garage that did the exhaust work had to remove or loosen some of that black trim and then they reinstalled it wrong. The closer shot of that rear doesn't really look like a lighting problem, it actually looks tucked under. Maybe take a closer look at both sides. I suppose it's possible someone maybe gently bumped into your car on that side and it pushed everything in slightly. Does the other side look the same way? Attached is a picture of the rear wheel well on my car...

BTW, I like those wheels. I haven't bought new ones yet, but those look somewhat similar to some I was looking at. Problem is, all the wheels I like would cost $2,700-$5000, and I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on wheels.

What's the brand on those running boards? They look nice.

You might consider losing the mud flaps. Makes the rear look nicer.
My cars in the shop right now getting some work done so I can’t get more pics to check but I will soon as I get it back.

the running boards I found on alibaba idk the name but 200$ and they hold up fantastic had them 2 years almost now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts