Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would also guess that keeping it between 5500 rpms and 6750 rpms would do nothing more than suck fuel. The peak HP/Torque is probably lower than that.

I do think though that there should be a lot of potential with a performance chip for this car. Hopefully, someone will develop one. I emailed a company that specializes in other Nissan products (I forget the name) to see if they would consider developing a chip for the Murano but have yet to hear from them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's jimwolftechnology.com. Doing a search for Nissan ECU upgrades seems to point to them as being the primary Nissan company.

I guess I didn't think much about the rpms because when you floor it, it barely goes above 4000rpms.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also, if you do a search for Nismo ECU you'll see reference to Jim Wolf Technology in the Nismo project cars. Stillen does not make ECUs either. I guess I could try calling JWT since they don't seem to keen on answering email.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, the S is for sport mode, but it holds the rpms higher at all times. I don't really care for it. The 325i we have has a sport mode that I use at all times and it only holds the rpms higher as needed.

I'm not sure why they didn't design the CVT S mode to do the same thing. Drive around at 40mph at 3500 rpms and you'll see how annoying it is. I've used it a couple of times to enter an interstate. I guess the thought behind it is to alleviate the lag that you get in normal drive mode when you step on the gas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It may give quicker acceleration just for the fact that the rpms are already higher so perhaps it's quicker to reach max hp and torque. No different than in a manual transmission and you downshift for increased rpms to pass or speed up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll quote from the manual:

S (Second) position:

Use this position for the improved engine braking.

L (Low) position:

Use this position for maximum engine breaking on steep downhill gradients/climbing steep slopes and whenever approaching sharp bends. Do not use the L position in any other circumstances.

So, there is no such restriction for S csbey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.