Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey taylor

do you know what the "s" stands for (when shifting from "d"-drive to "s")? i know when i took it for a test drive i forgot to ask and i'm sure he wouldn't know but, while i was on the freeway doing 70, he shifted it to the right (just to the right-but not down to "s") and the rpms shot up to about 4500 and needless to say, it took off. it was obviously some kind of overdive selection (what he did) but, just curious. we didn't try "s" (forgot to). so, do you know what the "s" stands for? does the manual say?

·
Registered
81 Posts
taylor,

how did the sport mode do when entering the interstate?

and i thought that the higher the rpms the closer you get to the maximum hp. i could be wrong so correct me if i am.

·
Registered
81 Posts
ok.

that sounds normal.

this is what i'm wondering...IF the rpms can reach the point where it is needed to receive maximum hp (245hp @5800rpms). it seems like nobody here on this site has made it up to 5800rpms (which is said where 245hp is given). i know there is way, i'm just wondering if anyone has gotten that high in rpms without changing the chip.

i guess it doesn't matter cuz i'm going to get the murano anyway!!! :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
darrylburke said:
dubfly said:
ok.

that sounds normal.

this is what i'm wondering...IF the rpms can reach the point where it is needed to receive maximum hp (245hp @5800rpms). it seems like nobody here on this site has made it up to 5800rpms (which is said where 245hp is given). i know there is way, i'm just wondering if anyone has gotten that high in rpms without changing the chip.

i guess it doesn't matter cuz i'm going to get the murano anyway!!! :lol:
I've gotten it up there. in the "D" mode.. all I did was (at a slow speed) put the pettle to the metel..

it's kept it up there for a while (at about 6000 rpm ) for about 20 seconds..
it took a while to get up from the running start, but it got there..
ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.