Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
the link does not work.........:(

·
Registered
85 Posts
looks like the link wrapped. just cut and paste both lines in your address field and it works fine.

·
5,268 Posts
viewmont

thanks it worked.

I am really skeptical about this product. Lot of talk without any tech info..........I still do not know how does it work........

No, I will not buy it

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
It seems to me that if you raise your HP/torque much, two things will happen:
1. Your gas mileage will go to hell,
2. I'm not sure the CVT will take much more torque. Might void the warranty.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
What if you never intend to tow anything. Couldn't you turn some of that 3,500 lbs towing capacity into extra power?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh man you gotta watch for "Ebay" products.You know products made especially for Ebay.They are everywhere.This chip does nothing.Well not exactly its gonna advance your timing but not by advancing but by tricking your ECU,not good.Unless you want some pinging or knock.Just advance your advance your timing yourself its free and youll get better mileage.Just make sure you run premium.

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
These are the same guy's I reported to EBay for falsely advertising a product. I saw this "Power Chip" for my 04 Max, they also showed a list of customers that had purchased the piece and their comments. They all were ranting how great it was, and how easy the installation was, and how much HP it gained. So I thought I'd Email a few of these people to see what they would say. I picked three names in random, emailed them for their opinions, and my Outlook Express sent receipts back sayin they were all sent to the same address, the company thats selling them!! I was rather pissed to say the least... anyways enough rambling. Heres some other products I would stay away from as well

Intake 3.5
Pop Charger

·
SHIFT_ passion
85 Posts
Well one of the products dosent even come w/instructions! I emailed them to ask why, and got no response. They both say for 02-04 3.5 motors. I cant find anything showing that my 04 max and an 02 max have the same engine. I dunno I just would rather wait till a more reputable company unveils one!:4:

·
Registered
22 Posts
as far as instructions go its pretty self explanatory just by looking at the part and your engine.A more reputable company is going to charge alot more though but you will alot more gains through their r&d time put in to the product.I havent modded a Maxima befor but I do know that there is a ton of aftermarket products availabe.If you have a 3.5 nissan engine in both you are sharing the same engine just take a look at the the 2.If you are looking for parts for your maximas there is a company,very reputable,that makes alot for your cars: www.custommaxima.com they also do altimas at www.customaltima.com hope that helps you in your search any other questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Enforcer said:
Exactly correct and the people I know in the Mustang news group that tried it said that it did nothing but lower fuel milage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts