Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I ordered my 80 series muffler last night. Hopefully I can swap the MO's exhaust tips with the 350z's (only the tips). I'll keep you posted. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Live4Jesus said:
I ordered my 80 series muffler last night. Hopefully I can swap the MO's exhaust tips with the 350z's (only the tips). I'll keep you posted. Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahh , the tips only , i'm sure it's possible , i used 3.5 " diameter stainless steel tips , here's a pic of what it looks like .
HEY VIRUX WHAT ABOUT YOUR SET UP , NOTHING YET ???
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
the tips can be changed. there is a mo driving around the city here with Z tips and one of the members on here also has a set on their Mo so it is do-able.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Live4Jesus said:
Cool, thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
welcome
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Just got back from the muffler shop (Miami Mufflers) I took them my Fm 80 and the 350z muffler so that they can install the FM and cut and weld on the 350z tips. But they told me they can custom install the whole 350z muffler. So they did. It's exactly what I was looking for great clean sound, not much cabin noise (only on take off or passing someone) but thats good cabin noise;) Great look! So now I got an 80series muffler if anyone is iterested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Live4Jesus said:
Just got back from the muffler shop (Miami Mufflers) I took them my Fm 80 and the 350z muffler so that they can install the FM and cut and weld on the 350z tips. But they told me they can custom install the whole 350z muffler. So they did. It's exactly what I was looking for great clean sound, not much cabin noise (only on take off or passing someone) but thats good cabin noise;) Great look! So now I got an 80series muffler if anyone is iterested.
WOW , congrats you're the first with that mod , was it difficult for them to modify and install ?? how about some pics we would love to see it , i 'm sure many of us , me included wanted to attempt the adapt but didn't have the :jump3: :jump3: .

Enjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Using a Manaflow 14266

Hi Folks I am think about using a Manaflow 14266, unit instead of the Flowmaster unit. Anybody have any thoughts to share on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Sorry reddog, I have no idea what a magnaflow might sound like?? But I know the muffler definetly plays an important role in the sound you will get out of your mo.. So you might want to keep researching on the muffler before any decision. :blahblah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
MAGNAFLOW 14266

Well, I went ahead and did it, I installed a Magnaflow 14266 and 14865 in the center, muffler shop used 2.25 pipe, from the cat all the back. Sounds nice and deep, and is not much louder than factory installed. But my biggest fear with doing this is that my MPG would suffer, in fact it has gone to other side. I use to get 18-19 MPG, but now I get 22-23 in traffic, can not wait to make a road trip, great power and very good acceleration.

So I am very confused, here. Could someone who has much greater knowledge about this tell, or me or come up with an idea. As how heck this mod has got things so much better. Honestly I was after a deeper tone, and was willing the pay the price in lost MPG.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I know one thing... the plumbing in my bathroom is bigger than the piping in the mo. for air to flow thru those pipes must be like drinking ice cream thru a straw. I'm considering redoing the piping on mine too. A little concerned about CVT reactions.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
For those who may wish to do this I got the parts for $291.15 with shipping, and two tips plus $160.00 at the shop for for labor and pipe etc.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
I just had a Flowmaster 80 series installed yesterday in my 04 Mo. I had already had the resonator cut out a while back and that just wasn't doing it for me, so now I have to go back next week and the shop's going to put in a Magnaflow straight-through muffler where my resonator was. It will be in next Wed or so and the shop says that it will kill the "wooo-wooo" before it gets to the FM. Sounds perfect in theory - I'll let you know how it sounds once it's done.

I love the way the FM sounds, but with the CVT always trying to get me down to around 1,000 rpm, that's RIGHT where the FM sounds like riceboy when you don't have a resonator. That's annoying. Everywhere else in the range sounds hella sweet though. I'll make a sound recording tonight for those interested in hearing the before and after.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Anyone know if a Dynomax Ultra flo or Super turbo muffler would be a better choice than the Flowmaster? Their sound is said to be lower toned than flowmasters and have higher flow rates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Tech_Guy said:
I just had a Flowmaster 80 series installed yesterday in my 04 Mo. I had already had the resonator cut out a while back and that just wasn't doing it for me, so now I have to go back next week and the shop's going to put in a Magnaflow straight-through muffler where my resonator was. It will be in next Wed or so and the shop says that it will kill the "wooo-wooo" before it gets to the FM. Sounds perfect in theory - I'll let you know how it sounds once it's done.

I love the way the FM sounds, but with the CVT always trying to get me down to around 1,000 rpm, that's RIGHT where the FM sounds like riceboy when you don't have a resonator. That's annoying. Everywhere else in the range sounds hella sweet though. I'll make a sound recording tonight for those interested in hearing the before and after.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post yuor recording , i'm curious to hear what it sounds like , i kept my original resonator ( center muffler ) and installed only the FM 80 series and like the way it sounds , but it would be nice to hear yours for a comparison purpose .

thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
please, a recording is all i need to push my dad to commit to this project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
nissanlove said:
please, a recording is all i need to push my dad to commit to this project.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's not convinced yet ???, let me talk to him .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
all i need is a sound clip. i've done a few mods without him knowing to both the murano and mazda 3 and most of them i've had to convert back to stock because he found the noise annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
NissanHeel_1 said:
Anyone know if a Dynomax Ultra flo or Super turbo muffler would be a better choice than the Flowmaster? Their sound is said to be lower toned than flowmasters and have higher flow rates.

I don't really think I would want to drive this thing if the tone was even lower than it is right now. As a matter of fact, the deepest notes of the FM80 are the reason I'm having the Magnaflow installed where the resonator was. Sounds great while you're revving it parked, but it's REALLY annoying what the tone does as the CVT gets comfortable around 1k rpms.

Others that asked for the sound file, it got really windy here by the time I got home from work, so I may have to wait til tomorrow morning to get anything besides wind noise. I will not forget you though.
 
61 - 80 of 129 Posts
Top