Nissan Murano Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
alright, now that this mod has been around for several months, i was wondering if anyone on the forum went a different route and put in a magnaflow rear muffler instead of a flowmaster. i'm thinking about going that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
nissanlove said:
alright, now that this mod has been around for several months, i was wondering if anyone on the forum went a different route and put in a magnaflow rear muffler instead of a flowmaster. i'm thinking about going that route.
Yes I did, see page 5 of this thread, it is not loud but but a nice deep performance tone.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
alrighty :D i'm gonna check out pricing by the end of this week and hopefully have this mod done by the end of next week.

·
Registered
303 Posts
nissanlove said:
alrighty :D i'm gonna check out pricing by the end of this week and hopefully have this mod done by the end of next week.
FINALLY

:5: :2: :7: :29: :claphead:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
haha. i didn't want to do it before winter set in and i wanted to see if we would be trading the MO in sometime soon. winter is over and the Murano is here to stay for a couple more years so here we go haha.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I never got around to getting mine done. I have the parts just laying in the basement.

I got hit earlier today so I'm just waiting to see if its totalled or not...... I'll make a new thread with pics later :(

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
WHAT!!!! NOOO. is it serious. are you doing alright??

·
Registered
303 Posts
WOW

Sorry to hear about this , hope all works out for you , the car is sad of course however , let's hope that you neck and back feel better , i understand your feelings about the car being damaged the way it is and then repaired , i do however believe they will claim is as repairable and not totaled .
kepp us posted :29:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick Exhaust Fix

I finally got tired of seeing that mid-muffler hanging there in front of my snow-plow fuel shield. So, I went to the local Midas. Mr. Midas suggested that, with the ginormous muffler in the back, the middle muffler is likely unnecessary.

So, they took it out and welded-in a piece of straight pipe. I can hardly hear a difference in the exhaust sound (tone or volume). My wife didn't notice a difference either. I don't hear a rice-burner tone like Linky described when he removed his mid-muffler.

In addition to not having to see it, my MPG has gone up... from 16.9 to 18.5. That's with slightly-oversized Yokohama Geolandars..... I think the actual MPG number is about 5% higher due to the tire size...

So, overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to share their experiences - thanks to all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
reddog said:

Yes I did, see page 5 of this thread, it is not loud but but a nice deep performance tone.
How does it sound? Similar to an FX or FM exhaust? I am debating which route to go as I get good prices on Magnaflow over Flowmaster but most people on this forum has gone with the Flowmaster.

Do you have a sound clip?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: MAGNAFLOW 14266

reddog said:
Well, I went ahead and did it, I installed a Magnaflow 14266 and 14865 in the center, muffler shop used 2.25 pipe, from the cat all the back. Sounds nice and deep, and is not much louder than factory installed. But my biggest fear with doing this is that my MPG would suffer, in fact it has gone to other side. I use to get 18-19 MPG, but now I get 22-23 in traffic, can not wait to make a road trip, great power and very good acceleration.

So I am very confused, here. Could someone who has much greater knowledge about this tell, or me or come up with an idea. As how heck this mod has got things so much better. Honestly I was after a deeper tone, and was willing the pay the price in lost MPG.:confused:
any sound clips?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Linky, you're the best! This is precisely what I want for my MO, and it's cheap too (only $100 on Amazon)! I think the stock exhaust tone sounds very empty and gutless. I want an exhaust tone that is subtle during normal driving, but has an aggressive growl when you punch it that matches its aggressive looks (not loud and/or ricey). This mod is strickly a sound enhancement, not intended for any performance gains (you would need to overhaul the entire exhaust system with a cold-air intake, headers, true dual exhaust and less sound dampers for significant gains...iow, stock car missing 2 cylinders!). I hope to have this done in the springtime!

Bambus, I appreciate your YouTube - Stock VS FlowMaster video comparing the stock muffler sound to the FlowMaster from both outside and inside the cabin. Well done sir!

Patrick

On a side note, Linky, you still around?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got this done with the flowmaster 80 series in the back with a 40 series for the mid with 2.5 from the cats back and i would say that it sounds comparable to 350/fx/g35 with mild exhaust (75-80% sound match) thanks for the heads up linky!!! great job!

·
Registered
102 Posts
slvrgamo said:
looks pretty good!
What size are you tips? 4"? What did the setup run you in $$? Im looking to do the same thing this spring.

·
Registered
35 Posts
fastNugly said:

What size are you tips? 4"? What did the setup run you in $$? Im looking to do the same thing this spring.
yeah, they're 4" oval, double roll, double wall stainless. total cost was around $400US. a majority of that was for the welding and piping (I ran 2.5" from the cat back) that part was $230.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts