Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or its just seems like there are no murano performance parts :mad:

i've been looking for parts since i got the car at june 2005 but i didnt find any !!

so hook me up .. where can i find performance parts ??

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
From what I have read on this forum, not much can be done to the MO as far as engine mods are concerned.

While the MO has a great engine, the CVT and transfer case are the weak links that preclude engine mods.

Many people have replaced the OEM air filter box with a K&N assembly. And a few have removed the center muffler. That's about it. Anything more radical would adversely affect the durability and longevity of the CVT.

Now having said that, that does not mean you can't be the first to add NOX, and a supercharger, and...

-njjoe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a shame !! aftermarket parts companies should make parts for the MO :D

about the superchargers .. a friend told me that i can install a 350Z SC because they got the same VQ35DE !! any more info about this issue ??

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I'd love to see a supercharged MO. But not for the reason you would think. I would be curious to see how long the drivetrain would last before the inevitable catastrophic failure.

I am not being pessimistic. Check with other forum members and get their opinion. But I think most, if not all, will agree that the CVT and transfer case may not survive very long with the additional torque.

Now having said that, that does not mean you can't be the first to add NOX, and a supercharger, and... :eek:

Enjoy your new ride.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Of course from being an old school kinda guy....

I would think that someone could put the rear diff and M/T from a 350Z in the MO and then put some cooly stuff on the engine like say....twin intercooled turbos, oh hell yeah, it'd be smokin--even jaak might go, "what was THAT!"

hehe

If me an my bro inlaw can shoehorn a 460 police interceptor out of an LTD into an F150--(custom motor mounts, frame had to be knotched to clear header, etc etc etc) in 24 hours, it CAN be done.

I just don't think any of us want to carve up their MOs to "get it done".

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Besides the CVT and transfer case being the weak links, where do you think you can fit the super charger? I don't think there is room in the engine bay....:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts