Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
My gripe is how the DRL dont turn off when the car is put into park with the parking brake on. Because of Nissans amazing idea of cutting out the power to the entertainment system as soon as you shut the car off, I'm sometimes sitting somewhere with my DRL on at night just to finish off a conversation. Annoying...
I totally agree. My charger dtrl shuts off when my parking brake is on. In the murano however, I leave the engine on since my wife and sleeping child (4 month old) are in the car. The dtrl at night is really bright. There happens to be someone else parked inside the car in front of my murano and the dtrl were just blinding them and I felt bad cause the engine needed to be on for heat.

·
Registered
726 Posts
That’s odd, the gen 2 OEM DRLs would go off if you applied the parking brake - a nice touch for situations like yours. Too bad they didn’t carry that over to Gen 3

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think if you turn the vehicle off, apply the parking brake, make sure the headlight switch is off, and then restart the vehicle...the drl's will remain off on the 3rd gen.

cheers,
noboy

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think if you turn the vehicle off, apply the parking brake, make sure the headlight switch is off, and then restart the vehicle...the drl's will remain off on the 3rd gen.

cheers,
noboy
You are correct. They will. The annoyance is that you'll lose bluetooth connection.

It's just annoying that's all.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts