Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a Personlized License Plate and what does it mean?

(I started to ask this in another thread with a different subject that already existed, so I think might get lost and I decided to just started a new one.)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yep I have one. ESOTER_8.

Closest I could get to "Esoteric," which reflects both my personality and the uniqueness of the vehicle.

Enjoy the ride.

:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Calfornia plates that are the same as my user name - SOCAMO. I live in southern California, so hopefully they are understandable........at least to folks here.

·
Registered
629 Posts
My plates say "SU ROOT"

Any computer geeks / systems administrators out there will know what it means -- everyone else is probably lost.

I will probably change them next year, as it seems that an unexpected side effect of those plates is that people assume it's Spanish for something... and it's not. I barely speak a word. :)

For the curious -- "su root" is the command to become the superuser, known as "root", on a Unix / Linux / BSD / etc. operating system.

Ok, now I feel silly.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was always up in the air about a personalized plate... but this Murano I feel deserves it. The plate also sticks out in the back smake eye level of other cars. I think it would look great if I knew what to get.

What is everyone's opinion on this choice....

I grew up in New York but live in Jersey now... so I was thinking of getting... NYER or NWYKER

If that isn't available, maybe I could just go with.... AWCRAP .
I think that would make me smile every time I see it.... since I always say it instead of cursing. But I'm not sure if the rest of the world would think it as funny.

Let me get some honest criticism please... suggestions are welcome also.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Only reason I got a personalized plate is because its free in Illinois. I don't think I would have paid for one in California.

·
4,601 Posts
Well, at one time I asked about MSAGRO and they said it was available, but I figured it was too much explaining. Looks good in a rear view mirror though.

So back in the spring of '03, when I hardly ever saw another Murano on the road, I got my present plate.

I dropped into a computer store today and picked up a couple of things. I get to the cash desk and the cashier had written it down, to tell her friends. At first I thought maybe I parked somewhere I shouldn't, but then she explained when I asked why my plate was written down on her pad.

Would have been a good opportunity if I wasn't married and she wasn't 20 years younger than me!:D

·
4,601 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
This Texas plate can be anything you desire!

And look at how much room for adjustment there is on those holes!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Honestly, I think putting the wrong personalized plate on a nice car is about the same as slapping a "Git R Done" bumper sticker or a "Calvin urinating on a Ford/Chevy/Dodge logo" sticker on the back. No matter how nice the car is, the classiness seems to take an instant nose dive.

:1pat:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Many years ago a local radio station had a competition for the "best" personalized license plate in the area. The winner ended up being:

IM2BZ2P

Creative.

·
Registered
95 Posts
HEY,

You were thinking the same thing I was last nite. I thought about posting this.

My tag says BYEBYE. I've had it since 1983. It did get stolen that year and I had to wait 5 years before I could get it again. The next year I got BYE2U2. Then, after the metal tags were available again. I got BYEBYE back.

In Georgia, new Metal tags come out every 5-6 years, we have to buy a new sticker every year. I love my tag. I get lots of kids waving at me and when you look in your rearview mirror, you can see people laugh and say byebye.

They're 25 dollars to get one which you have to fill out the form a year before. You get 3 choices and they can censor it if they think its dirty or something. Then you have to pay $25 every year for the prestige tag on top of the advelorum taxes. When I had the quest that I traded for this, they were 389 dollars, don't know how much the murano will be.

I also thought of CUL8TR but someone beat me to it. the other day I saw one that said URNZWAY

You are in the way.

There are lots of good ones out there.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay... maybe I'll just stay away from the personalized plate and stick with what I have (or will be getting after I turn in my paper plate).

Although I do like this...

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
My Brother in Law has WOAA YA as his and originally got it for his Bright Red Avenger. Looked great. A couple years after, I'm driving about a hour west of Toronto and I see a Red Avenger, a year newer with the plate OHHH YA and phoned him immediately, as it just made me laugh!

But this isn't the first time this has been asked....

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Murano&Number=67518407

With the talk about Japanese vs. Domestic vehicles, this might be appropriate!

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Couldn't resist... :p

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm The ACME plate maker has things no DOT would allow!

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jaak,

Yeah, I think that's our Governor's plate. His way of telling Missourians what he really thinks of them after making 2400+ layoffs, position, and program cuts during his first few weeks in office.

:moon: Here's to you, Governor!

Apologies for the hijack. I'm just bitter today. :D

·
4,601 Posts
It's not funny really, but it did make me laugh that I accidentally struck a nerve...

Don't get me going on politicians....:3:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts