Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After viewing what Nissan offers for a pet divider for the Murano I am trying to make one of my own. I have three dogs and need to be able to allow them complete access to the rear.

This a first time pass and may not even work but I thought I'd share it with fellow Murano owners to see if they had any other ideas.

The frame is made out of PVC and is attached with Velcro straps to the rear brackets on the seats (child seat mount point?).

I still need to get netting like a cargo net and attach to the piping with nylon ties.

It’s light, won’t scratch, and protects all leather areas.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I found netting just yesterday. I bought a lacross net from a local sporting store. It was $45 but it's strong, and the openings are about 1 1/2 inches.

Still have to cut the netting and attach with nylon ties.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with dogs

Here is a pic of a test fit. Notice how I attached top of fence to hand grabs (upper left).

Yet to take on the road, perhaps this weekend.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I attach the bottom of the pipe twice using velcro straps to existing metal loops on the back of the rear seats. Then on the top of the pipe, I used velco straps again to attach to the rear seat hand grabs.

Zip ties were used to attach netting to the PVC pipe.

Easy in, no rattling all soft material.

·
4,664 Posts
Hey great work, and it can be used as a Hockey Net too!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An update for those we want to have dogs in their MO's.

I found a nice set of soft crates, It's A Breeze Too Soft Sided Crates, large for 50 -75 lbs dogs, and two fit in the MO like a glove.

Light weight, and you have a crate if need be at the end of the trip.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts