Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of the pet guard. The bottom attaches in the spot where the front cargo loops are. It took a little doing, but my SO was able to get it in place with both my vinyl cargo area protector and the factory "tray" in place.

Attachments

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a photo of the top bracket of the pet guard. It is bolted into the ceiling near the liftgate opening. You just pop the three plastic buttons off.

Attachments

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a photo of the reasons for the PetGuard. Mindy's a 12-year-old Great Pyrenees that weighs 85-90 lb. Buddy's a 16.5 yo Dachshund. They have less room in the back of the Mo than they did in the Xterra, but there's still plenty of room for them. I don't particularly like for Mindy to ride any way but lying down. She has room to move and settle down, lots of room to spread out once she's lying down.

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just adopted a lab mix puppy today....this is something I might need. I already have 2 cocker spaniels:eek: :eek:

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cdil,

Even though I probably don't have to worry about either of the dogs hopping over into the back seat any more, I feel safer with the PetGuard in place. I don't know whether it would keep both dogs confined to the back if I had a wreck, but it seems like the device that's most likely to keep them from flying all over the place.

FYI, the tonneau cover thingie will still fit with the PetGuard in place although you can't use the parts that hook to the seat backs. However, it's so big that it takes up valuable space needed by larger dogs. I probably will just leave mine out except on the rare occasions when I am shopping and need to hide something.

·
Registered
828 Posts
How easy to remove say to fit larger items in the back with the seats folded flat. Would wing nuts help to remove?

Wonder if it could be hinged to flip up and out of the way.

Also how about a closeup of the attachment at the bottom?

Thanks!

·
5,244 Posts
Dij,

beautiful dog! I like it! I used to have a similar (same race) dog, but it was 30+ years ago..........great memories.........

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dmako,

If you wanted to remove it once in awhile, might not be a huge problem, but it's not a five-minute job. All the nuts are tightened with a torque wrench. I don't think it would work to hinge it, either. The "legs" are bolted between the floor and the cargo tie-down loops behind the seats.

Consider it semi-permanent.

I will try to remember to take a photo of where it's bolted in on the bottom. It's going to be hard to see because of the cargo tray.

Kris,

Pyrs are like no other. I'm using a holistic vet now and he has clients with a pair of Pyrs that had a dozen pups about two and a half months ago. He's getting a real education about Pyrs. They're way cool, but not the world's best house dogs. Unfortunately, mine has to be a house dog.

·
Registered
53 Posts
WOW! A great pyrenees too. Casper is an 8 year old male along with PJ who's a pomeranian. PJ is the only one allowed in the MO. hehe.

Attachments

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
photo of bracket bolted to cargo area floor

dmako,

I finally got around to taking a picture of the PetGuard bracket bolted to the cargo loop.

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Thanks!

Hey the fan is a great idea.

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dmako,

The fan is probably less necessary in the Mo than it was in the Xterra because the Mo has the AC vents in the back seat, but I'd rather have some air circulating. Forgot how much I paid for that little fan, but it was cheap. Mindy didn't like it at first but she got used to it. I always run it on low speed.

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From one of the local Nissan dealers. It's probably available at one of the online Nissan dealers. It's not heavy, but it's a bit bulky so I don't know how shipping would be.

I'm lucky that my SO is a mechanic, so he was able to get a little discount on it and have it delivered to his shop.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts