Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to get a lot of static when using my phone with CarPlay via a USB connection. If I disconnect the phone and use it with Bluetooth, I have no issues. It's quite frustrating when using CarPlay for navigation and then wanting to talk with someone because of the static. If not using nav, then I'll disconnect and use the phone via Bluetooth. I shouldn't have to do this though. I've tried different cables in each of the two USB ports, but no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im not sure what model iphone and year Murano you have. But, I have an iPhone 11 and I just recently bought a used 2018 Murano, everything seems to work fine with it except for Apple CarPlay. I can't even really get mine to connect. If it does connect the CarPlay eventually starts being sluggish and freezing up (within 10 minutes of connecting). If I do get it to connect the audio starts getting a static like sound and cutting in and out. I have tried all kinds of cables including the one that comes with the phone from apple. Apple basic says I have all correct settings turned on for CarPlay. Took to the dealer and the Nissan tech line they contacted said that the issue with the newer iPhones is a known issue. From what I have gathered from Nissan, the headunit is only currently compatible with the iPhone 10 and previous models; they need to put out an system/software update for the unit but they haven't done so yet.

Not sure if this helps :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Mine connects and I never have static with any type of audio other than the phone. My phone is an iPhone 8. Maybe you could borrow and older iPhone and try it for a day or two in your car to verify what Nissan is saying. If it works then what Nissan is saying is likely true. I have a friend with a 2018 Murano and an iPhone 8 and has no issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im not sure what model iphone and year Murano you have. But, I have an iPhone 11 and I just recently bought a used 2018 Murano, everything seems to work fine with it except for Apple CarPlay. I can't even really get mine to connect. If it does connect the CarPlay eventually starts being sluggish and freezing up (within 10 minutes of connecting). If I do get it to connect the audio starts getting a static like sound and cutting in and out. I have tried all kinds of cables including the one that comes with the phone from apple. Apple basic says I have all correct settings turned on for CarPlay. Took to the dealer and the Nissan tech line they contacted said that the issue with the newer iPhones is a known issue. From what I have gathered from Nissan, the headunit is only currently compatible with the iPhone 10 and previous models; they need to put out an system/software update for the unit but they haven't done so yet.

Not sure if this helps :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
They work on a 2019 murano. Took my 2018 in to see why it wasn’t working and had them try it on a 2019 and it worked fine. I haven’t heard anything yet from tech support yet but I see on your post what they told you. Very unhappy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 2019 Murano with an iPhone 8 Plus 256 running the latest OS and CarPlay works well - maps, Audible, etc. What doesn't work well is the actual phone. When making a phone call and connected via cable (which is required for CarPlay), the phone call will crack and have static. Very, very frustrating. If I disconnect and use Bluetooth, then the issue goes away and the phone call is clear. I've tried multiple cables with the same result. I plan to upgrade my phone in 2020, once the 5G iPhones are released. However, I will borrow someone's phone first, to make sure CarPlay works. If it doesn't work, then no iPhone upgrade... which will irritate me. Hopefully by then, Nissan will have this issue fixed!

·
Registered
737 Posts
No issues with my iPhone 8 when connected by USB. I would try swapping cables. I had problems with one genuine Apple USB (but not my other one) and now use a 6 inch Anker cord that is perfect without all the extra wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts