Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upgraded (yet again) my parking lights from the APC brand to the PIAA brand bulbs.........

most noticable difference at night.... and matches the white-ish hue of the HID's the BEST so far....

heres the NEW PIAA bulb.....

btw, the bulb no. for the parking lights is 194.... (was hard to get this number, for me!!lol)

Attachments

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
compariosn (packages) between the old ones (apc) and the new ones (piaa)

BTW, you can use the apc 194's (or the like) in the door kickpanel courtesy lights.... (looks waaay nicer, imo)

Attachments

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on another note, dont expect to gain any real usable output here; this mod is solely surface cosmetic at best.....

the reason i did it was to even the looks of the white lights up front..... thas all..

next up, my four LED dome light capsules have arrived...... (they look flouresecent and somewhat erie.... but the flash ruins em..)

Attachments

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KS-

wanna know the truth???

you dont have to remove ANYTHING to get to them.....

i can do em in under 30 secounds on each side....

isnt that crazy??? all the while i was unscrewing and unpinning......

for the parking lights, its not AT ALL necessary.........

·
5,268 Posts
esemes,
where did youget PIAA from?

·
5,268 Posts
thx

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI just ordered the Hoen W5W (194) for $10. Got an e-mail last night telling me they are now shipping.

Maybe 3rd times a charm for ya :)

·
5,268 Posts
My Hoen fog bulbs just arrived. Hope to install them this weekend. Gosh, I should have ordered W5W as well. Anyway, will post pictures after install.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kris said:
My Hoen fog bulbs just arrived. Hope to install them this weekend. Gosh, I should have ordered W5W as well. Anyway, will post pictures after install.
Kris-

i have the 9006 hoen (fogs) on mine...... 51w rated, but still make the glass a bit warmer than i had hoped for....

on the RHS , be sure to seat the bulb/plug entirely (can give you fits, with the washer resvoir immediately behind it.....)

the 194's weren't out only a week or two ago; i tried ordering them myself......

either PIAA or apc match closely to all 3 though....

be sure to post back your findings/results!

S

·
5,268 Posts
thansk for tips!

·
Registered
70 Posts
194s might be 168s as well?

I was looking for some new replacement parking light bulbs, the PIAA HID ones to be specific and I found that on most sites, if it says 194 for the part # of the bulb is also says 168... so Im assuming that these bulbs are the same? I dont know for sure but thought someone else might know. If this is the case that 168 and 194s are the same then that might help make it easier when looking for the replacement bubls?

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: 194s might be 168s as well?

floaty98 said:
I was looking for some new replacement parking light bulbs, the PIAA HID ones to be specific and I found that on most sites, if it says 194 for the part # of the bulb is also says 168... so Im assuming that these bulbs are the same? I dont know for sure but thought someone else might know. If this is the case that 168 and 194s are the same then that might help make it easier when looking for the replacement bubls?

officially.......

h-99 and 194 and 168 are the same type of bulb..........

jus watch the wattage...... dont exceed 5watts and 12volts

·
59 Posts
esemes, you mentioned that you can remove your parking lights in under 30 seconds. You never told us how. Can you share your secret or were you just pulling our chains? Since I use my parking ights as daytime running lights I would like to upgrade them to PIAA also. Any timesaving tips would really be appreciated. Thanks

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
urbanias said:
esemes, you mentioned that you can remove your parking lights in under 30 seconds. You never told us how. Can you share your secret or were you just pulling our chains? Since I use my parking ights as daytime running lights I would like to upgrade them to PIAA also. Any timesaving tips would really be appreciated. Thanks
chain not pulled

·
Registered
129 Posts
Parking Lights? In Canada Turn signals

I have a an SL w/o projector head lamps and the parking lights you are changing bulbs in are my turn signals . The fogs are used for day time driving lights ( Mandatory in Canada ) and fogs, and the corner ambers are my parking lights.

Am I out there on this one. Are the US MO's diferent or is it just the projector HD light unitis?
:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts