Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:

My Mo is supposed to arrive (that's "supposed to"!) in one week. After waiting for the past 98 days since ordering, I can hardly wait. Of course, I want to make sure that the dealer does all necessary prep BEFORE I pick it up (including required TSB's), as opposed to having to bring it back. I recall seeing a great check list of things to make sure the dealer had done prior to accepting delivery on the forums, but I can't seem to find it with the search engine. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Also, are there any additions folks would recommend to the list?

Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
BUMPER GUARDS!!! especially for the front...danged mass drivers can't park for poop!! had one bump me the other day as i was sittin' IN my car!!! :3: :3: :3: ...good thing it just sorta tapped the area where the license plate hung...so no "visible" damages...ugh...:mad:

**one of these days i'll get around to hitching up with the WAAG guard...looks nice...just wanna see one in person before i commit to one...contemplating cuz i wanna see what it looks like on a silver MO...mite just end up gettin' it and powder coatin' it silver...:D :D **

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The best way to get the dealer to do all the prep work and TSBs to your satisfaction is to NOT pay them for the car until it is prepared to your satisfaction. Don't buy any of their "we will take care of you once you sign the contract and write us the check." Once you buy the car, they will forget your name and charge you $50 to change the oil! And if you've been reading the forums here, except for TSB specific issues, the dealership rarely gets the repair correct on the first try.

When I picked up my car, the prep checklist from Nissan was still in my car and yep, it had not been filled out yet. They hadn't done anything to prep the car, other than washing and gassing it up. I even had a scratch near the ignition ring, which took 2 weeks to repair, and only after I demanded to have it fixed on the spot after their "interior trim guy" was absent for my first appointment!

Why did I buy from this dealership? Price was great at $1190 under invoice and no haggling needed, I just secured the price in a 2 minute phone conversation.

Now getting these rattles fixed are a maddening experience in themselves. I've had the Nissan tech hear the noise, and then proceed to do everything in the next 8 hours EXCEPT for the TSBs, which would seem the obvious solution. I have given up getting the rattles fixed (I end up wanting to add more rattles, to the service managers teeth!). :toothless:

Whenever I ask when my car will be repaired, they answer "by the end of the day." A more realistic answer would be a slick smile and "oh, much less than a month!" :D

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
ookides said:
**one of these days i'll get around to hitching up with the WAAG guard...looks nice...just wanna see one in person before i commit to one...contemplating cuz i wanna see what it looks like on a silver MO...mite just end up gettin' it and powder coatin' it silver...:D :D **
Agreed. I really like the WAAG bars, and am also looking at a silver MO. I want chrome WAAG bars!!!! :4:

~ Corin

Oh yeah, the topic. A lot of places (Edmunds.com, ConsumerReports, etc) suggest that you take the vehicle out for a "test drive" trip before you pay or sign anything. Check it out in great detail and make sure nothing feels "weird." This is, of course, in addition to making sure the TSBs have been performed and a very thorough visual inspection both inside and out.

~ Corin (yes, signing the message again)

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
CopperKat,

That's it! I've cut and pasted the numbered checklist and the info on the tow hook into a word processing document so I can print it and take it with me when my new wheels arrive.

Thanks for finding it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Don't forget to go over the interior & exterior with a fine toothed comb. I know there was a scratch on my MO when I picked it up, but I failed to see it before I drove it home. Good Luck.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I wish that the front license plate bracket had not been installed. Even though I live in a state that requires front plates, I would have preferred that it be my choice to display it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Copperkat - that's it!! Thanks SO MUCH for finding it. I was using terms like "delivery list" and "dealer" that weren't causing the list to pop up on the search engine. Thank goodness for listers smarter than me! Like Dij, I'll cut 'n paste to a Word document along with the names of all the TSB's to take to the dealer. Methinks pick up will not be a quick endeavor (nor should it!). Now I just have to get an update from the dealer on the status of the car.

Six more days . . . six more days . . . six more days . . . :) :) :)

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim,

Called my sales rep this morning and the new date is 4/29 rather than 4/30, but apparently this is like due dates for children -- it's seldom that date. My Mo must be off the boat now because it's in NissanUSA's inventory.

Thanks for the reminder about the TSBs. I'll get copies of those, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts