Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating between the caffe latte and the black leather interiors. The cafe latte seems too light especially with a toddler in the family. So now I'm considering black leather. Does any one have pics of their black leather interior and if you do, how do you find it? Too toasty on sunny days? :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The black leather looks fantastic and goes well with the aluminum trim. When I was first looking at Muranos, I knew I wanted midnight blue, but could not find one with the black leather interior. Its just my opinion, but the cafe latte interior doesn't look nearly as classy and expensive as the black leather. I used NissanUSA.com to search dealer inventories and found just one dealer in all of Northern California that had the combination I wanted. Got a good deal on it and have loved the fantastic combination ever since.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Halo said:

It took me a second to get that. ROFL :2:
Its probably just my brain taking a nap on this sunny Saturday afternoon, but I still don't get it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Does anybody have the latte interior? If so how do you like it? I have a silver MO with black leather on order, but it won't be in until early JAN. My dealer has a Blue MO with latte interior I could get next week. Any feedback on the latte interior would be appreciated....

·
5,268 Posts
I have Gold MO with latte interior. I agree that black just might looks a little bit classier though i generally do not like dark interiors. Living south I opted for Latte. I like this very much.

When i was shopping for a new car i looked at Acura 3.2 TL S - I almost had it. Problem was I wanted silver with latte interior - they could not give me that option. I retrospect I am glad as I got MURANO!

I love the latte interior! Gets me nice and warm feeling.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks....How do you think it looks with the two tone dash? DO you think it looks OK? I am really leaning towards a blue one...and am not sure how the Black leather would look with it....I think it just might be too dark...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the pic Esemes. My first choice wil be pewter with black leather followed by pewter/latte.

How about you guys out there with latte leather... having a hard time keeping it clean?

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Murano_MDX said:
pewter/black looks really weird... if ur gonna get pewter go with the latte... my opinion :p

hey!!

i resemble that remark!!lol :2:

diff strokes............

indeed!

((i liked latte and charcoal, but the AWD on the lot with the featurews i wanted was in charcoal.... no brainer at that point))

·
Registered
719 Posts
My first choice was the Blue/Latte until I saw one sitting on the lot. That blue is going to require a lot of work to keep looking clean. It's beautiful, but be prepared for the extra effort.

I went for the Silver SE AWD/Black (now for the second time, my 00 Maxima SE is also Silver/Black) and haven't regretted it once.

Ok, maybe when I do regret it a little when I see a properly cleaned up Blue/Latte. It is a stunning combination.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks.....I am still torn with to do. I have a silver PF with black leather now and love it...The MO I ordered won't be in until JAN. That is why I leaning towards the blue with the latte. I could have it by weeks end. I know it will require more work, but I want my MO now...Plus the blue one has NAV and XM which I did not order with the silver one......?????

·
Registered
719 Posts
"Plus the blue one has NAV and XM which I did not order with the silver one......?????"

Well that ought to make the decision easy..........

The Nav itself is worth putting up with the extra maintenance the Blue requires (not to mention the XM)!

I see another sale recorded by week's end!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
dklanecky1 said:
"Plus the blue one has NAV and XM which I did not order with the silver one......?????"

Well that ought to make the decision easy..........

The Nav itself is worth putting up with the extra maintenance the Blue requires (not to mention the XM)!

I see another sale recorded by week's end!

NOT to try and hijack this thread, but i WONDER if there's an XM< hanress listed in the nissan parts book for the MO???

my 03 listings show nothing..........

S

ps- i say go for the blue!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
We have black with latte leather. It is nice - I didn't want black on black just for the heat issue in the summer. I have found the worst part in keeping it clean it the steering wheel and the shifter handle. The nice thing is because you can SEE it is dirty - it stays clean. The problem we did have if the wife bought new black leather gloves last winter - they 'blackened' the steering wheel a tad. Cleans right up though.

As far as the barbed wire comment - there are a couple meanings behind it.

In the leather curing process on lower grains of leather the imprefections of the cow are sanded off ie birth marks, barbed wire scars. The sanding process gets further away from the soft part of the leather - top grain leather. A lot of lesser grades of leather are also stamped with the leather 'look' it is still leather but it doesn't have the true leather grain. Top grain leather actually has more flaws in it than lower grade - however it is softer and has less processing done to it. Lower grade leather is also more durable.

Car leathers often have more 'work' done to them because of the different climates and more abuse they will see. A couch in your home generally doesn't see many changes in temperature during its life - how many of us have our houses at 100* in the summer and 0* in the winter. Where it is quite common for an auto to see those differences in temperature.

Anyway...or there is always the sexual meaning of black leather and barbed wire :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I own Latte leather

I own the latte leather and that is the only thing i regret. I got the latte cause the dealer said people associate lighter leathers ( tan, latte ) as more luxurius. Ive had the car for 6 months now and all i see it the steering wheel turning brown, the center console spotted up as well as the back seats are spotted from cigarrette ashes and debris form the roads. I would definately go with the black, not question at all.

·
Registered
466 Posts
:) :2: Well I decided. I can't wait until JAN for my silver MO. The dealer is getting me the blue one and I hope to pick it up on Saturday!! I can't wait. It might be a little bit longer. I am getting the windows tinted and a remote start installed....I already went out to the local parts store to get my K&N filter...I am sure there will be many more mods in the future...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts