Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
All summer long we're at the lake... and one of our main purposes of the Murano is the tow vehicle :)... so here's some shots of the rig!
Enjoy!

·
4,664 Posts
Now that's something that will make anyone smile.... Sweeeeeet!:D

·
Registered
792 Posts
What kinda boat is that.

I'm running through the design in my head and can't come up with what it is.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMTURBO43 said:
What kinda boat is that.

I'm running through the design in my head and can't come up with what it is.
My Dad actually designed and built it with a friend of his. They have their own molds for the hull and deck. It is designed as a tournament barefoot ski-boat, but looks racey... and I gotta admit, shes pretty quick :cool:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Very cool.

Looks to have a bit of a V-bottom for a barefoot rig but I'm sure the wake isn't overly big :)

I've spent a couple hours behind a few different ski boats. I preferred the height of the flatter bottom boats - but the V-bottoms always seemed to be a bit softer.

Not that I was ever a competition 'footer be any stretch of the imagination - it certainly was a lot of fun. I think I learned to barefoot around 13 or 14 years old. I spent more time kneeboarding than anything.

It's now been 8 years since I've done what I would consider aggressive skiing. Boating around Chicago is a joke. Everything is overly populated. Small whitecaps are considered smooth.

Anyway - nice boat. :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Wow - you guys are making me feel bad. Someday I'll have a fast boat so I can tow it with the black Murano.

I was really wanting at STV Euroski for awhile. I just couldn't see getting one while in Chicago. I have this sad addiction to speed. I've managed to have a couple 100mph rides in power boats. The fastest I've driven was 70'ish.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Quickest ride for me was 104mph in a Cougar Tunnel Hull/300hp Merc....no helmet...could hardly see through tears in my eyes...my cheeks (facial) wer'e just flapping.....yahoo.....

·
Registered
792 Posts
Over 100 is nutty. I made the mistake of trying to look sideways :) We were helmet-less also. The driver was wearing goggles I had on regular sunglasses. This was in a STV River Rocket. I've been in a dual 2.5L Merc Skater 24 (I think it was a 24).

I think I'd be happy with 80 - for a while.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice pics. Fast is fun on water... most people don't understand what it is really like.

Our boat is running in the low 70s on GPS. The fastest i've ridden was in an Eliminator Daytona 25' twin rig, about 1200 hp. I rode 105 gps in it, also no helmet. That was insanity.

I just got back from the lake today, and let me tell you... :1: I'm burned like a PIECE :3:

·
Registered
418 Posts
JAG - your lucky...ice went off our lake two weeks ago...still too cold to enjoy high speed cruisin'....'92 200 with exhaust tuner / drilled out centre section/reed work pushes the old "Senza" to 68mph(GPS) ....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
senza said:
JAG - your lucky...ice went off our lake two weeks ago...still too cold to enjoy high speed cruisin'....'92 200 with exhaust tuner / drilled out centre section/reed work pushes the old "Senza" to 68mph(GPS) ....
That sounds excellent! What prop are you running?

We had a '95 200 but it was bone stock... with that motor, we were seeing about 63 on GPS... so we almost netted a 10mph increase on top end.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Prop is a 24 pitch Trophy....RPM around 5900....I also have a 26" "chopper" but without a jackplate its too much prop...Is that a fancy gearcase (silver) you have?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts