Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a picture of a backup camera installed on their MO? Also where is it located on your ride? Any pics of 2005 MO with a backup camera?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What back up camera is it exactly and how did you get it installed. It isn't an option for the MO is it? Looks like there is software or something that guides you to park, correct?

·
Read Only
554 Posts
Mo-go's pictures look like a factory installed system in an 05. Its apparent from the view of the screen shot with the red/yellow/green areas. A friend of mine with an FX45 has the same type display on his factory installed system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Jim I figured as much...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Anyone have any part numbers?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I was at the dealership this morning and while I was waiting I had a chance to check a 2005 Murano with a backup camera. It looks like the camera retrofit to a o3 or 04 may not be as easy.

To accomodate the camera the outside tailgate or hatch handle has been changed and not only it is smaller, but it is also electrical. In other words, there no handle to pull on. It is now a button that you push to unlatch the door.

One thing I could not easily see was whether or not the gate itself was the same. If it is, then the retrofit would involve replacing the hatch locking mechanism, otherwise the whole hatch needs to be replaced as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
zebelkhan

Where are the pics of the MOD backup cam you installed on your MO?

If I read your siggy right, you did it aftermarket on an 04, correct?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Re: zebelkhan

BordeauxMo said:

Thats in his MODs that are coming soon...he may not have it done yet.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Please see my detail post under thread "rear view camera" GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: zebelkhan

BordeauxMo said:

The only weather proof camera that I could afford to buy was too large to go under the license plate so I had been looking (and starring at the MO) to find a place to install it without doing much damage. I came "this" close to drilling a one inch hole on the tailgate right below the third light but I chickened out at the last second. Over this last weekend I finally fabricated a bracket that will permit me to install the camera below the rear bumper (but away from the heat of the muffler). With this install I will have "rear view" capability but not "reversing" capability (because I will not be able to see my rear bumper) but I will still be happy. I will post pics when I am done with the install.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hitch

Hi Mo-Go!

This does not follow your recent dialogue but I have a question on your hitch from the previous photos of your Platinum SE. Can you please tell me which brand hitch you bought and its class specs? You responses are always valued.

Thanks again.

Stanmo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.