Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask if somebody could post a picture of a throttle body itself and its location under the hood?

My MO just suffered its first serious repair -- VDC light on -- SLIP on -- SES light on. VDC and SLIP went off with ignition OFF, but SES stayed ON. Took my baby to the STEALER and they pulled a code P2135? and replaced a THROTTLE CHAMBER. (could somebody also explain to me what a throttle body does? I sort of have an understanding, but if somebody could clarify -- I would appreciate).

Also, they did the TANK SHIELD and BACK SEAT LATCH recall. Unfortunately, I didn't explore the links on the SHIELDS, and got the PLASTIC one instead of the ALUMINUM. What do you think are my chances of getting PLASTIC replaced with ALUMINUM? They never offered the aluminum, but according to nissanhelp.com both kits are available, and the aluminum looks more aerodynamic, versus the plastic's aerodynamics of a brick.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I think this is it in the picture... #1. The it controls the airflow prior to mixing with the fuel. There is a butterfly valve that opens and closes with gas pedal movement and other computer controlled input. Someone else can correct me or elaborate better.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Doc-

This is a picture of the Throttle Body as it is mounted on the engine. The original photo is courtesy of forum member bq9661.

The throttle body is a short, circular tube with a butterfly valve mounted in the center. It's purpose is to regulate (restrict) airflow to the engine. It operates on the same principle as a carburetor (with respect to airflow) with the exception that no fuel is introduced at this point. When the butterfly valve is closed, relatively little air enters the engine, and it idles. The more you open the valve (via the gas pedal) the more air that can enter the engine (along with more fuel) and the engine speed increases. The term "wide-open throttle" refers to the butterfly valve(s) being opened all the way.

I hope this helps.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Throttle Body

Thank you very much for your replies. You have confirmed my understanding of what it does with very technical lingo (I appreciate it) :D

Again thanks for the schematics and the actual picture.

·
Registered
146 Posts
p2135 means: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Was backing out of a parking space and my dashboard lit up and the car stalled. Shut off the car for a minute and was able to start up again but the SES light stayed on. Took to the dealer and they diagnosed the throttlebody as the problem and replace under warrenty along with my Alternator, seatbelt and fuel tank shield. I got stuck with the plastic one too since I did not know about the choice. oh well...

·
Registered
36 Posts
As far as your question about the recall:
I work at a Nissan dealer and I have yet to see a kit come through in aluminum. There is only 1 part number for the recall, and no way for a dealer to order a specific choice. I think it comes down to whatever the warehouse has in inventory.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
gstyve01 said:
As far as your question about the recall:
I work at a Nissan dealer and I have yet to see a kit come through in aluminum. There is only 1 part number for the recall, and no way for a dealer to order a specific choice. I think it comes down to whatever the warehouse has in inventory.
This was posted on another thread:

Aluminum part # is A7285-CC25A. The plastic one is A7285-CC27A

-njjoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts