Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a $100 factory option that replaces the metallic dash accents with rear wood ones, but I have not been able to find any pictures of this option. I am curious to see the color and grain. The dealer didn't have any info and a call to Nissan customer service didn't help either. Anyone have pictures of this option or have it on their MO? Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I placed a factory order for a 2005 MO with that option back on 15 December and am still waiting for delivery. I strongly suspect that the wood trim option is the reason for the delay. When I ordered, I was told to expect delivery in *about* 8 weeks but that, due to a steel shortage in Japan, it may be a week or two longer. 9 February was 8 weeks, so...

When it comes in, I'll post pix!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that it lists "late availability" for that option. I look forward to seeing it when it comes in. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just saw one with the wood at my dealer 2 days ago. I didn't think I'd like it but I must admit I did. I started looking for dash kits oni the net to accomplish it.

It's a medium brown color. I couldn't really call it a wood color that I've seen anywhere. The car I saw was a Glacier Pearl with the tan interior. It looked real sharp,

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
PICTURES! PICTURS! PICTURES!

Homer

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
revhigh said:
Just saw one with the wood at my dealer 2 days ago. I didn't think I'd like it but I must admit I did. I started looking for dash kits oni the net to accomplish it.

It's a medium brown color. I couldn't really call it a wood color that I've seen anywhere. The car I saw was a Glacier Pearl with the tan interior. It looked real sharp,

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!
Yes, take pictures, but just be sure it is not a dealer installed aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
SgtRich....you ordered exactly what I am considering ordering....will be eager to here about your when you take delivery. Especially want to hear how the wood grain looks....hope you get it soon
:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks, jayjay.

Yesterday, while checking on the status of my MO, I was given the VIN and told (finally!) that I will be taking delivery either the last week of March or the first week of April.

He just said there were delays at the factory, so I don't know if it was the wood-tone option ("late availability") or the steel shortage in Japan or what...I just can't wait till I get it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Saw one of the dlr inst kits on the showroom flr. Looked pretty good, but $400 good!! Saw some kits on E-bay for about $150. Anyone had any experience with these?

05 Chardonnay/Cafe Latte SL, FWD, Leather, Touring, Tech, Front tint, Rails, Deflector, Splash Guards, Cargo Cover.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are a few kits like that for sale on ebay...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you saying that dealers are charging $400 for the after-market wood-tone trim option installation??? Yikes!

Ordering the wood-tone option on my factory order only cost $86.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SgtRich,
Yeah, $400! They claim the kit costs $200 and charge a couple hours to install. I'm thinking of doing it myself if I can get a response from anyone who has installed one themselves. I liked the one I saw and was going to order one but apparantly there is a shortage of steel in Japan right now and I didn't want to wait 2 mos. to get it in. So, I opted for one that was close to what I wanted. Had to get it from a dealer 50 mi. away. The local dealers didn't have much on the ground.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I doubt it if dealers install these themselves. These are usually installed by an independent installer who comes to the dealership just for these jobs and they usually provide the aftermarket parts themselves too. Ask the dealer to see if they are willing to share the name and number of the installer they use and contact them directly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
TheGymKid,

Do you know if that is the actual Nissan installed wood-tone trim option or if it's a dealer installed after-market option?

Revhigh had said that the factory option was medium colored wood trim and your picture makes the wood look pretty dark.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That kit definitely looks aftermarket. I don't know of any factory wood option on any car that surrounds the ventilation registers in that way. Looks pretty tacky IMO.

·
Registered
982 Posts
It looks after market to me for sure. That site actually had about a dozen different colors of wood trim to pick from. I don't like the way it looks... I actually am really impressed with the titianum look the Murano comes in personally. I think it is really sharp looking. To each his / her own though. I was just posting a picture because some people were asking to see the looks.

Hopefully this evening... I make my purchase and drive away in a new Murano.

- TheGymKid

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gymkid,

That is a aftermarket install. I just saw the factory installed option and the factory option only has wood on the center console. No wood on door or around gages on dash.....

Jay

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jayjay said:
Gymkid,

That is a aftermarket install. I just saw the factory installed option and the factory option only has wood on the center console. No wood on door or around gages on dash.....

Jay
Where did you see the factory option? Pictures? Please??????

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry I can't get you pics, but the wood I saw was factory, it had it right on the sticker, from what I recall it was only $100, and it looked real nice, not tacky at all.

If I get down there I'll take a few pics if they still have it.

REVHIGH !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts