Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the 2 plugs that go into the Bose amp? I have replaced the amp with an Alpine unit and want to make sure the +'s and -'s for the speakers are correct. Also, has anyone hooked up the spare tire sub to an aftermarket amp? It has 2 sets of leads. Strange.....:confused:

·
4,601 Posts
It has two sets of leads, because that's the cheap way of getting both left and right channels to it. Dual voice coil in the woofer.

Don't have access to the service manual on this computer, so I'll get the pinouts later, unless someone else is faster!

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Could I just run the two rear channels in parallel with the rear speakers one side to each side of the woofer?

Done so far:
1.Polk Audio 6x9's in the front doors
2.Alpine 6.5's in the rear doors
3.Alpine 360 watt 4 channel amp in stock Bose location utilizing stock bracket-(ultra stealth)
4. Pac adapter for aftermarket XM commander and Lowrance 500c navigation unit for Mp3's
5. Pac adapter for RCA's out.

So far it sounds GREAT!

I am not an audiophile that has to have the "bump". I just thought the Bose system sounds HORRIBLE.....

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
If your amp is stable to 1 ohm you can. It drives the stock amp nuts--it will clip very very early. Subs are more than bump, my wife cranks up shania and the bass guitar is amazing. I think it gives it depth as well.
Be warned though, amps don't care for paralelled speakers--especially if one of them is 2 ohms.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh... There it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Use a OEM1

megadivers said:
Thanks for the info. Could I just run the two rear channels in parallel with the rear speakers one side to each side of the woofer?

Done so far:
1.Polk Audio 6x9's in the front doors
2.Alpine 6.5's in the rear doors
3.Alpine 360 watt 4 channel amp in stock Bose location utilizing stock bracket-(ultra stealth)
4. Pac adapter for aftermarket XM commander and Lowrance 500c navigation unit for Mp3's
5. Pac adapter for RCA's out.

So far it sounds GREAT!

I am not an audiophile that has to have the "bump". I just thought the Bose system sounds HORRIBLE.....

Did uou use a high to low converter I used a OEM1 by pac The stereo seperation will go away because it is a ballanced output Here is some info from them.I have the BOSE system

Larry,

PAC OEM1 Factory Sound System Interface. The OEM-1 makes it easy to upgrade a factory 'premium' system, such as a GM Delco/ Bose or a Ford/JBL. Whether replacing the radio or amplifier or adding an additional amplifier to a factory ' premium' system, the

PAC OEM1
The OEM-1 gives you a fast and accutate installation without the need to cut wires.

* Perfect For Customers with factory 'premium' systems who wish to add a new radio or amplifier to their car
* Great for replacing defective or low power factory premium system amplifiers.
* The 'plug and play' system is great for customers with lease cars or others who may wish to move the new system to another vehicle.
* 4channel device that provides 2:1 gain and infinite attenuation, for a perfect match to the factory system.
* Correct phasing is maintained and the signal ground is isolated to prevent ground loop noise.
* The OEM-1 fits all applications; just change the cables to match the components to the vehicle. A complete ' plug and play' system.
* Linear from 20-20,000kHz for perfect sound reproduction.

Note: Additional Cable may be required with this interface. If ordering online please specify year, make, and model of vehicle and you will be contacted with price and availability of cable if required.

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Larry. I did use the Pac Oem1 for the RCA'a but I was trying to use the connectors at the back so that I would not need to run new wires to the door speakers. The Oem1 goes at the head unit and the RCS'a are run to the back from there. With the picture sent by Jaak everything is wired correctly! I just stripped back the wires and soldered new leads on the existing harness just in case I wanted to put back the sub-standard Bose amp. Still at a bit of a loss on the rear sub though. I dont think the minimal Alpine amp (45rms ch) will drive the rear speakers and the sub, but I am going to try when I get a chance....Thanks for everyones help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts