Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what the concensus is- and I know it's a matter of individual taste.

Have any of you taken the plunge. I've got the '06 in black and with the chrome on the siderails there is already some nice lines going down the side of the car, and wonder if the pinstripe might actually serve to take away from the lines.

With black, the obvious color combo would most likely be something in the grey/silver family. I like Red but since nothing else on the car is red it would certainly stick out.

Any thoughts on the matter?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
KOZ-

I have a Platinum MO and went with sliver pinstrips. Subtle but nice.

My sister-in-law just bought a 2006 Merlot MO. Recently both MOs were parked side-by-side and several people commented that her MO needed the pinstripe.

It's all just a matter of personal preference.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
I would not do it. Murano has nice lines and pinstrips would likely distort them. Especially on darker colours.

But this is me....I like clean lines... ;)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I like Pinstripes IF.

If they are subtle. 1/4" is enuf for me. Just amplify the lines.

Having said that, I considered them and decided not to because the Murano lines are not overly subtle. The Murano beltline for instance is a very strong character line.

I react strongly to Flames, etc. :eek:

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I removed mine that came on it brand new.
yuk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thumbs down here too. The 06 is already overstyled with all the tacked on chrome IMO, adding yet more tacked on stuff just makes it look more busy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice small hand done stripes above the door handles and on the front and rear are what I plan on when I can find a good striper in the CHICAGO area. Any one know of one?
Not those ugly railroad tracks dealers put along the sides/

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
jatharp said:
Nice small hand done stripes above the door handles and on the front and rear are what I plan on when I can find a good striper in the CHICAGO area. Any one know of one?
You mean a striper or a stripper??? :2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts