Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I start? Went to Pacific Nissan in San Diego, CA on Sunday with a friend. They didn't have the vehicle I wanted, but they said the could get me one within two days. Its got all of the features I want. I decided to go with a 2005, since the 2006s don't seem to have bluetooth.

These are the packages it had:

SE Touring Package
Sunroof
Technology Package (including navigation)
Sirius (Charging me $500 more for that, it started at $600).
Chrome wheels (didn't actually want these, but they said they couldn't swap them out)
DVD pre-wired (no DVD package though)
Floor mats
Cargo area protector
Roof rail cross bars
Sunroof deflector
Leather

Probably some other stuff. So we negotiate and the price for the car was a bit over $37k, not sure if that was a great deal. It was workable though. Got the extended warranty for a bit less than the Costco price of $2125.

All told with tax, title, blah, blah and extended warranty. It came out to $42k. I took the 60 month financing at 4%. Signed the contract and was told I could give them the down payment check when I was supposed to pick up the car today.

I called the dealership last night. They said everything was on track and they would call me back to let me know when I could pick it up. No call back. I call back this morning. Everything is fine, we'll call you back. At this point, I get a bit suspicious so I head down there after two hours. Spoke to the finance manager, everything is fine. Its being driven down from the other dealership some time today. We'll call you back. Four hours later, I call back and speak to the sales manager. "Umm, the other dealership sold the car to someone else". They're looking for another one. I'll call you back. An hour ago, I drove over there again and the manager basically told me tough sh*t. "I've got a contract though". "No you have half a contract". At this point, I went off on him a bit. Told him, he had to get me a 2006 for the same price. He turned and walked away from me. The finance manager came out, and I told him this was no way to run a dealership. He had some lame excuses. I then told him I was going to write Nissan headquarters about this. He changed his tune at that point and went talked to the sales manager. They both came out and apologized and told me they'd keep working on it and would call me back. I reminded them that I hadn't gotten a single call back yet. I asked them to call me back by noon tomorrow. They agreed. We'll see what happens. I'm a pissed customer at the moment. Hopefully, Google will pick this up. I'm going to write a blog entry about this too. That should get ranked fairly high with Google. I've never been treated like this by a car dealership. Thankfully, I'd be taking the car to a different dealership for service.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
If you are paying over $40K to Nissan, why not to go to Infinity? You might have a better luck there, unless you liker the Mo like I do. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Murano_driver said:
If you are paying over $40K to Nissan, why not to go to Infinity? You might have a better luck there, unless you liker the Mo like I do. ;)
Hmm. I assumed a similarly equipped Infinity would be close to 50k. I'll check that out. I think I'd prefer to have a Nissan though. An Ifinity would probably be over the top for us.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Well it was just a suggestion. I had a similar problem w/ Nissan dealer when I was trying to buy a Mo. I did not sign anything, but I left a deposit and I was waiting for 2 weeks for dealer to call me back. My story is similar to yours “we have a car in another location and it will be delivered in the couple of days”. He never called me back, so I went and bought Mo from another place, than drove back in new Mo and ask for my deposit. He was very upset.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murano_driver said:
Well it was just a suggestion. I had a similar problem w/ Nissan dealer when I was trying to buy a Mo. I did not sign anything, but I left a deposit and I was waiting for 2 weeks for dealer to call me back. My story is similar to yours “we have a car in another location and it will be delivered in the couple of days”. He never called me back, so I went and bought Mo from another place, than drove back in new Mo and ask for my deposit. He was very upset.
Good idea. :) There isn't much stock out there right now though. :(

·
Registered
470 Posts
You should be getting a 2006 model for that price. Nissan is offering 3% financing for 36 months or $1000 cash back on the 2005 models.The retail price for the Sirius radio is $400. The extended warranty should be less than $2000. Before tax and license I believe the dealer invoice would be less than $36000 and for a 2005 model I would expect to pay less than dealer invoice. Many people reported buying a 2005 model for $500 below dealer invoice early in the model year. The dealer invoice price is approximately 90% of the MSRP listed on the factory window sticker and the true dealer cost is less than invoice because of dealer holdbacks and incentives.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Don't put up with this crap. Contact Nissan headquarters to complain. Demand that they cancel the current contract, and go to a different dealership.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Dealers, as independent franchises (kind of like the McDonalds business model) are allowed to do whatever they want to sell the merchandise (of course at the same time making a profit). Hmmm a car dealer being shady and evasive. Big surprise there! Dealers frequently perform trades with each other to obtain vehicles their customers want, but sometimes you end up at a "go-between" dealer. For example lets say you visit dealer A and want a certain Murano. Dealer A might call dealer B that has the vehicle and dealer B will tell A what they want in return. If dealer A doesn't have that vehicle, they might try to find another dealer C that has it, and wants a vehicle dealer A also has. In such a confusing mix of trades, its no wonder customers have to wait so long on half-promises as to when the vehicle is available.

If I were you, I would just find out which dealer has that vehicle, and buy it from them. If you tell them dealer A wanted to trade for it, you will almost always get a better price at dealer B since they don't want any of your money going to their competitor..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had nothing but great service from Universal City Nissan in the Los Angeles area.

http://www.universalcitynissan.com/index.htm?bhcp=1

I know it is a bit of a drive but they had exactly the MO I wanted and we made a great deal and I continue to take it there for service and I have no complaints.

They are a huge dealership and will probably have what you are looking for.

Good Luck,
Joe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Isn't a sales contract for "a" particular vehicle? Well, the dealer sold that particular vehicle and therefore your contract with them should be null and void (expert opinions please)

I would not deal with that dealer. They are getting good money for the 05 so they don't want to let you go. Tell them you want to cancel the contract. If and when they get the car you want, they can call you and if you are still in the market you would consider it. But get out of that contract. Just my $.02

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow, cool to have forum members who can do searches! :)

Beaum, if you decide on the MO at Cerritos Nissan, there's a radio ad for Star 98.7 who asks you to call Peter Fice (or something like that) to get "special listner pricing." Maybe it's worth a try to see if you can negotiate a lower price for the car? Plus there's $1000 rebate on the MO right now. I know that I bought a 2003 Murano from Power Nissan in Irvine for $650 under invoice (but they had no rebate back then.) I've been hearing that in SoCal, Invoice price or $500 under Invoice is pretty much the number to shoot for.

As for Pacific Nissan... if they don't give you the service you want, go elsewhere. Don't pay for bad service! Remember, you don't have to spend your money, but rather, the salespeople need to earn your money.

Bob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Easy way to get best price in So. Cal.

We bought our MO a year ago from a dealer in Orange County, even though we live in San Diego. The name of the place is Nissan Rancho Santa Margarita. This dealer will give you the carsdirect.com price without any hassle, since they supply cars to them anyway. Here's what I suggest:

1) Go to www.carsdirect.com and price out your Murano exactly the way you want it.
2) Go to the dealer mentioned above and show them a printout of the carsdirect.com price. They gave it to us without any hassle.

By the way, don't go to Mossy Nissan in San Diego either. They have a no-bargaining policy, so you have to pay what's on the windshield.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Your contract should have the VIN # correct? So if you did not get the car the contract should be voided. If I was you, I would not come back to that dealer to buy the car, they screw you on the sale (the part when they should be treating you like a king). Now, can you imagine how bad the service going to be…

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Just did a vehicle search

shappy0869 said:
In your region I did a search for '05 SE FWD with Touring and Nav and only one came up.
Thanks. I was looking for AWD SE with Touring, NAV and Sirius. I found a couple up in the San Francisco area via nissanusa.com. Probably not realistic at this point. Pacific Nissan claims Nissan has found some for them and they will have an answer for me tomorrow. I don't believe them. I'll probably wait for an 06 at this point. I'm giving them until noon tomorrow and then I'll shut it down until some 06s show up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Murano_driver said:
Your contract should have the VIN # correct? So if you did not get the car the contract should be voided. If I was you, I would not come back to that dealer to buy the car, they screw you on the sale (the part when they should be treating you like a king). Now, can you imagine how bad the service going to be…
Correct, the VIN # on the contract was JN8AZ08W15W44076.

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
IF they call back, tell em to stick the car they located up their ass and go somewhere else to get the car. I would not give these guys a chance now... you didn't negotiate enough with them on the 05 before and their mistake saved you a good chunk of money...

Don't buy the BS about them not being able to change the wheels... they can take another Mo off the lot with normal wheels and switch them in a matter of minutes. If they truly cannot take them off, and you don't want them, tell them to remove the cost for them from the price altogether.

Seems to me these guys are trying to rip your wallet a new one. If you really want to do business with them still (I can't imagine why... no offense.), now's your chance to take it to them...

Also, write the letter to Nissan. Lo and behold, I got a call from the customer service people at HQ because of the letter I wrote blasting my service department a few months back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Just did a vehicle search

shappy0869 said:
In your region I did a search for '05 SE FWD with Touring and Nav and only one came up.

Where or how did you get that pricing printout. There are many sources for invoice pricing but I haven't seen that particular format.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Wonder why you didn't look at my "X" MO

$28,900 G.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Re: Wonder why you didn't look at my "X" MO

$28,900 , Included extended warranty.
Dumb question I guess.

G.