Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mo Love!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I must give props to Pittsburgh East Nissan in Monroeville, PA. From the moment I walked into the dealership to the time I left, I felt that I was treated with respect and given a fair deal. Their sales and service staffs are amazing and want you to be happy no matter what.

I had a small plate fall off of the underside of teh front bumper two weeks after I got the Mo and before I walked into the showroom to wait for teh rest of my service, the part was already on... no questions asked.

Its the kind of dealership that I feel comfortable forming a relationship with and if I decide to go with another Nissan for my next vehicle, I will definitely go back there.
Thank you Pittsburgh East!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
eurocarlov said:
Its the kind of dealership that I feel comfortable forming a relationship with and if I decide to go with another Nissan for my next vehicle, I will definitely go back there.
Thank you Pittsburgh East!
I'm glad you posted that, I am getting ready to bring my MO in there for some warranty work. My original dealer changed to Cochran, I had some BS go on with Cochran on another car.

By the way, Welcome to the board.

·
Mo Love!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you have a great experience with Pittsburgh East. My sales guy was fantastic too... Ian Izzo. If anyone is in the market for a new./used car... talk to Ian!

·
Registered
747 Posts
eurocarlov

Welcome to the board. Glad you had a great dealership experience. Hope the Maintenance experience is every bit as good with your dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On this side of the Burgh Preston Nissan in Beaver falls treated my a lot better than West Hills Nissan on thieves row by the old airport.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
mrken3 is right.

Steer clear from West Hills Nissan as much as you can. When I took the Murano in for a squeeky seat they scratched the door sill, the B pillar, and the center console. I called and left a message for the garage bay manager....no answer. They sent me a survey in the mail, I filled that one out plus 3 others that they sent me in the past with my cell phone number requesting that they call me at any time of day because I was unhappy with my service...never heard from them. The turn over of staff at that place is abominable too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I started with West Hills only because they had what I wanted (Merlow SE). I tired of their game quickly and ended up at Wright in Wexford as they treated me with respect. I have bought from Preston in Beaver Falls as well and was pleased with their service as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I actually started my search at West Hills Nissan.

I was all grunged out from golfing and was driving my kids' 92 Camry. Talk about no respect!

The idiot salesman offered me a MO for sticker price minus the cost of the mats. I told him I would think about it.

He called about 3 days after I bought mine for $3,000 under sticker with $15,000 down and a $7,500 trade. From start to finish the deal took less than a day. I walked into the dealer about 8 pm, picked up the car after work the next day.

I did however stop back at West Hills and buy 5 crush washers, so I guess they made something off me. It's a shame their sales and service sucks because they're about 10 minutes from my house.

Years ago I bought a used Grand Prix from that lot (my payment was $88 a month), did it used to be called something other than "West Hills"?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought from west hills when they where a Datsun dealership...lol....They used to sell Pontiac's , Jeeps then just went to Nissan so they can get people from around the airport but with US Air hurting you would think they would do all they could to get people. I live about 10min north Rt 60 Center Exit.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mrken3 said:
I bought from west hills when they where a Datsun dealership...lol....They used to sell Pontiac's , Jeeps then just went to Nissan so they can get people from around the airport but with US Air hurting you would think they would do all they could to get people. I live about 10min north Rt 60 Center Exit.
Ken,

I golf in a skins game Blackhawk fairly regularly. That 60 turned out to be a nice road! I think it was a Datsun dealership back when I bought the used GP. Was it called "West Hills" Datsun? Or something else.... I really can't remember.:confused:

1/2 my neighborhood works/worked for USAIRways. I feel bad for some of them, the writing was on the wall though.

·
Mo Love!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pittsburgh East Nissan Service is AMAZING!

Pittsburgh East Nissan in Monroeville, PA hasn't ceased to amaze me yet. I went in the other day equipped for battle...I was washing my Mo and the high pressure sprayer took off a chunk of the clear coating on the chrome-esq grill. I thought, this is ridiculous! At 5 months out, this shouldn't be happening. So I took it into the service department, prepared to fight for a new grill... only to find the service manager call and order me a new one and make an appointment to have it installed, NO QUESTIONS ASKED, NO COST to me. Maybe this is what good new car service is supposed to be like, but in my opinion they have surpassed ALL expectations.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I agree with the other poster.

I just took my MO in for the alternator replacement. The service guys at Pittsburgh East Nissan were terrific.

They also fixed the rattle that Cochran (formerly McMinn) Nissan "could not replicate".

While they were at it, they replaced the fuel door actuator that I had given up on. And that Cochran had "fixed" twice.

Called them in the morning, dropped the car off at 9:30, they were done by 3.

The only hiccup was that they left a voicemail on my cell rather than calling my office. By the time I got the message I was rolling at 75mph the other way.

Oh yeah, they washed it. Not a good wash, but a needed one. I'll ReZaino this weekend.

This is the "local" dealer that's furthest from my home. And yet, I'll be back.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Pittsburgh East was great...Took my Murano in for the dreaded window tick/rattle...They identified the problem right away...had all four door panels off...added some foam etc to the doors and they are good as new...not a sound as of yet....I had sold my 04 MO and it had the same issue and it took 20+ visits to have it finally fixed and Pittsburgh East did it the first time...I will continue going there for all my service needs...

·
Mo Love!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pittsburgh East Surpasses Expectations Again!

Well folks, Pittsburgh East Nissan has done it again. If you have seen my other posts regarding this dealership, you know my satisfaction.

The story- I got in my car yesterday morning to go to work and headed up a steep hill (which I usually zoom right up). Well, I had the pedal to the floor and... creeping along. So, I immediately called Pittsburgh East and talked to my favorite Service Manager, Frank. He said to bring it in and they would check it out. I asked him if I could get a loaner vehicle for the day because I needed to get to work and it was going to be a very busy day. He informed me that Nissan does not offer loaner vehicles (or at least that dealership maybe), but he could call for a rental car. I said thats fine (kind of mad that I have to pay, out of pocket, for a rental) and he called Enterprise to get me a car (actually they got me a Pathfinder). It cost $40 per day at the dealer rate ($70, regular price).

I dropped off my car at 8:45am and by 11:00 they called to inform me they had located the problem and it was fixed. Turned out to be a faulty throttle body (whatever that is). Fixed, under warranty. I arrived this morning to pick up my Mo and drop off the rental car (that I could just leave there).

I was prepared to express my dissatisfaction that I had to pay for a rental car when this is clearly a mechanical defect, covered under warranty. As I was handing him the key to the rental, he said, "and by the way, I got $35 of your rental picked up." I said, "ok, but the regular price was $70 and your dealer rate is $40" (thinking, duh... you're not giving me a bargain here, buddy.). He replied " no, no. I got $35 of the $40 picked up for you. We can comp your rental for you. We can pick up $35 per day for a rental. I was shocked. I thought I was going to have to at least fight a bit for it. He said "you're a good customer and I want you to be happy". I thanked him very much for that. He gave me the line about the survey... but I don't mind. I will fill it out honestly... and HONESTLY, I have had phenomenal service, yet again, at Pittsburgh East. :2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts