Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 12,000 k trip through 15 states in 17 days with the new '05 platinum Mo. I promise to go into more detail when I have time to get all the pics together and my wife kept a pretty detailed log. In short form, we left Victoria, B.C. and drove to New Orleans then back a different route.

What I wanted to say today was when we were out in the middle of "Nowhere" Texas, I ran over a small piece of (what looks like) truck bed liner that shot up from my front wheel at 80 mph and struck the underneath of the vehicle and bounced off the small part of the tank that protrudes just inside the passenger side rear wheel.

The noise was loud so I pulled over quickly and we could instantly smell gas. We got out and away from the car where I could see 3/4 of a tank of premium shooting out a dime sized hole all over some newly mown hay and did I mention it was 97 degrees out?

The 1-800 number for nissan services was not working in that area so I phoned home to my salesman at the same time a sherriff sees us and does a loop back to lend a hand. I was more concerned about the pollution I was doing but he said not to worry about it and called us a tow truck.

"Buster" showed up with a flat bed and drove us and the dehydrated Mo to civilisation where he purchased a repair kit and did the job so we could go on our way. He was awesome and we will be sending him a present asap since he only charged $100 even though I offered more.

Well, that's the short story that I wanted you all aware of so be careful what you drive over and maybe I will get one of those repair kits for the emergency kit just in case.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Buster (And his more well known cousin, Bubba) are still doin' what's right back home in Texas.
;)

Homer

·
Registered
124 Posts
The kit

Glad all turned out ok. Would be interested in knowing more about the 'kit' and where it can be purchased.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gas tank sealant

After reading the post I threw a tube of Seal-All in with the spare! Seal-All (it is really called just that) should do the bizz on any leaks.

We use this stuff when out racing - gas tanks, gaskets, cracked oil pans you name it. Not pretty (one can only imagine what is in the goo to make it gas & oil, heat & cold resistant to boot) but highly effective! :2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts