Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went out to the garage to install my newly arrived licence plates to the '06. When fishing them out of the car I noticed the ac jack (?) hanging out of the passenger side. (my cell charger was inserted). Upon further inspection I noticed the lower *snap* had been sheared off. BOO! This is a 3 week old Nissan and these kinds of things should not happen.

As someone that designs plastic parts, I cannot believe this part made it to production in a vehicle. Looks like it was designed by an intern in his/her first year of college (ps they or whomever managed them should be fired on the spot). Lower snap had a cross-section of .070". Top snaps??? Beefy and no less than .3") Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot. I spent over 30K for a car and plastic is breaking after 1k miles. Boo, boo, boo. Not happy. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I believe the bottom part is made thinner so that it can be pulled out...for fixing/replacing if needed. It shouldn't break though... it's not durable enough if it does.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonzo said:
$5 says the dealer broke it.

You know what Gonzo, you are probably right. (after I cooled down a bit I thought of that). Ah well. The dealer has a new part on order for me and all will be good in the world again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts