Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started burning my own CD's and I'm finding that the Bose radio is having problems reading some of the CD-R's. Can anyone tell me what I can do to help the problem? It seems to be prevelant on CD-R's that are are nearly fully recorded up to the 80 minute limit. I'm aware that the Bose system has trouble reading CD's when it's cold, but this is not the issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
burning CDR's

I've had similar problems in different situations, and found that the way to fix it is to make better quality CDR's.

The way to make a better quality CDR is:

1) don't buy the cheap bulk CDR's, like the Office Depot 50 pack. Get the more expensive higher quality CDR's such as Maxell.

2) Burn the CD's at slower speeds. Instead of 16x and over, burn them at 8x or even 4x.

The higher quality, less error prone data has always made it easier for my car stereo to read my CDR's. It also made it possible for CD players which play DVD's/CD's/ mp3 files to read mp3 files that I had burned onto CD.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use generic brand CD-rs and burn at 16x and faster with no problems with any of the cds I make. What process are you using to make them and with what program?

·
5,268 Posts
I as well am using generic CDR's, burning at 24x using Easy CD Creator 5 Basic. I have no problems with plying the CDR's in my Bose both in MO and FX. I also could play them in old Chrysler Sebring radio/cd player. However, I cannot play self-made CD's in my home Panasonic nor could I in the old Ford Taurus 6 CD changer. I believe that there are some CD players that will not play self-made CD.

Also remember to finalize the CD after you finish the recording.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My changer in the mo is loaded with 6 cds that have all been overburned at full speed and they play perfectly. They are TDK brand and I make them on my Compaq laptop. Usually I can get between 80 and 82 minutes of music on them. I use Nero burning rom. I wonder if the software has anything to do with it? Nero also gives me the ability to add track and disk information which shows up nicely on the screen.

·
Registered
834 Posts
What kind of troubles? Problems with the whole CD-R or just track #1?

tktommy said:
I've just started burning my own CD's and I'm finding that the Bose radio is having problems reading some of the CD-R's. Can anyone tell me what I can do to help the problem? It seems to be prevelant on CD-R's that are are nearly fully recorded up to the 80 minute limit. I'm aware that the Bose system has trouble reading CD's when it's cold, but this is not the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
re playing CD-R's

Yea Kris is right remember to finalize the burn! I burn mine at 40 speed and have no trouble! I also use Roxio basic 5,I also use Memorex and Imation 700mb/80min cd-r's This is an add on when i first burned a cd for my Mo I did not finalize the burn,and put the cd in the bose cd player all it would do is play track 1 no sound and no other tracks! Then I made another one but first choose your tracks ,click finalize ,thats all I was! Hope this helps

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Kris said:
Also remember to finalize the CD after you finish the recording.
can you explain??

i thought that was only needed if you wanted to close the cd, or, not allow additional info. to be stored on the 'back' end of the cd....

please enlighten me (i really dont know, )

S

·
5,268 Posts
apparently there are some CD players that will not play not finalized (closed) CD's. To be honest I have not tried not finalized CD's in the MO Bose............I gues I need to do it........give me half an hur or so................;)

·
5,268 Posts
OK did some testing:
- burn 2 CD's
- CDR's - Memorex 80 min
- software Easy CD Creator 5 Basic
- burner Samsung x40

1st CD - closed. Plays perfectly on my pc (in both DVD and CDRW drives) and Bose in my MO. :)

2nd CD - left open. WILL NOT PLAY IN Bose nor on my PC!

just my 2c. I can be wrong.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmm should play in your PC. I've done this on my PC and have added info later.

Kris said:
OK did some testing:
- burn 2 CD's
- CDR's - Memorex 80 min
- software Easy CD Creator 5 Basic
- burner Samsung x40

1st CD - closed. Plays perfectly on my pc (in both DVD and CDRW drives) and Bose in my MO. :)

2nd CD - left open. WILL NOT PLAY IN Bose nor on my PC!

just my 2c. I can be wrong.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I dont think it is the price of the cd's, but the color of the dye used for the side of the cd that the info is writen on. I think the blue ones are better for playing music instead of the gold or silver color ones. i will check into this and find out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We just updated to a new computer and now I can finally rip and burn cd's. After reading this thread I just took one out to the car and not only did it play great, but the track titles and album name was on the screen. I'm using TDK CD-R's and Musicmatch.

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
I also use Musicmatch. What options will provide the track information on the display in the MO?

What version of Musicmatch are you using?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
cd-r

Yo Sebrex what year mo do you have! and do you have sat radio,the reason I'm asking is I have an 03 mo with no sat and I cant get the trak info on my system all I get is track # With no info! even on the original disk (bought at a music store) Ive burned with music match,roxio,WMP,I get info on my PC but not in the mo,would you let us know If you have done something different:18:

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you're looking for the best program you can have as far as creating CDs goes you need to get Nero 6 Ultra Edition. By default any track that you place into the burn list (if it's audio) will place the track information onto the CD. You can also set the Disc title as well as the artist.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have an 03 MO (just noticed the free photo site I was using isn't free so my bottom photo isn't working). No SAT radio. I am using Musicmatch ver. 8.1 and it is their Plus version. Paid $20 bucks. I didn't tweak any of the settings when burning and the info was on the disk when I played it in the car. BTW, I haven't had a commercial CD yet that would show any of the info my burned ones do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also you can try using the right knob to change the display. Push it in several time and it will give you the option to change from track #, song title, and album title. If I put in a retail cd there won't be any info, but if I rip it, then burn a disk and play it, the info is there. :8:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts