Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally burned an MP3 disk using Nero. The good news is I could get about 175 songs onto one disk, organized into folders. The disappointment was that the beautiful colour vehicle electronics system display in the 2006 MO is severly functionally challenged. There is no graphical representation of the folder hierarchy, no way to search for files... and the "joy stick" control is not even active with the audio system.

Overall the vehicle electronics interface is extremely simplistic. There is so much more they could have done with it at no extra cost... built in bluetooth interface to integrate cell phones, mp3 players, PDA's etc. Instead we get the equivalent of buying a Pentium home PC, but all it can run is a game of Pong.

Here is a long shot, maybe the Nissan engineers were clever enough to make the vehichle electonics system user upgradeable and new software will be distributed on CD...

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
parato said:

Overall the vehicle electronics interface is extremely simplistic. There is so much more they could have done with it at no extra cost... built in bluetooth interface to integrate cell phones, mp3 players, PDA's etc.
For that, you will need to get the Lexus RX ;)!

Frankly, I agree with you that there ARE rooms for improvements. I guess by not doing the 'improvements' is what Nissan define as cost cutting! :4:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
When you consider how little the Murano has changed since it's introduction (which translates to very little engineering and designer involvement, and almost no $$$ spent) you would think they would have addressed this issue. The costs would have been insignificant and the interface capabilities would have reflected the character of the car.

-njjoe

·
4,601 Posts
My Dodge has great MP3 capabilities, great Navigation, I can look up a place, get the phone number and it will dial it through the voice controlled bluetooth handsfree.

Yeah, when you look at all the technology the Japanese Murano has in it, and then look at the North American one, you know something's wrong. What is it? A marketing decision to put that kind of stuff in the Infinitis. They think you'll get an Infiniti instead.

Well, I got a Dodge instead. It's time for Nissan Marketing to remove their heads from their uh, er, um, you know...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts