Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a ring was dropped from the rear passenger side and it kicked forward under the passenger front seat and it vanished. Immediately we pulled over and it somehow is gone. There is a very good chance it popped in to this thing. Plastic piece under the front seat. Anyone know what it does and how it could be removed. Can't fit hand in to the base where something would end up

·
Registered
94 Posts
That is the air vent that directs your hot/cold air to the back seat area. If you pull back the carpet a bit you should be able to see if there are any screws you can remove, otherwise you are going to need to remove the seat to see how you can get to it.

·
Super Moderator
8,048 Posts
I’d pull the seat. You’re going to have to do it anyway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Another option if you want to be sure it is in there before pulling things apart is to spend $30 on a Endoscope from Amazon which will allow you to see if it even down inside the tubing. TAOPE Waterproof Flexible Wireless Endoscope WiFi Borescope Inspection Camera 2.0 Megapixels for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, iPad (3M) TAOPE Waterproof Flexible Wireless Endoscope WiFi Borescope Inspection Camera 2.0 Megapixels for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, iPad (3M): Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo

·
Super Moderator
8,048 Posts
^^I like this idea. I have seen a number of very inexpensive scopes on Amazon and Ebay that plug into a cell phone and allow you to look in tight places. But you're still going to have to pull the seat. it's four bolts and a couple of electronic connections.

Since I believe there are air bags involved in the seats, disconnect the battery before removing the seat. If in doubt, check nicloclub.com for factory service manuals you can download.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts