Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Chris03HD said:
Looks like all id need.. i have a hook up on powder coating if you were refering to the finish being "fair."

Any other angles, or eBay link?

TIA! :D
There is a fair amount of weld splatter, paint is not great, you might have to open up a hole or two, you will have to cut your muffler hanger a bit and the ends of the main tube are open. Personally I would pay a few extra bucks and get a Curt which is high quality and powder coated.

EBay search under Murano will find it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I just had the Curt Class 2.5 installed on mine. Took my mechanic 1/2 hour on a lift. The Curt isn't "hidden" but it does have the 2" receiver which I wanted. Didn't want to have to carry an adapter for the smaller Class 2 receivers for any 2" accessories they make for hitches these days. Curt is very good quality with a good finish.
Had a little problem with eBay distributor (long story and even longer shipping) but it all worked out. Lots of Curt distributors out there. Since the dealer here wanted close to $800 for the factory setup + wiring installed, I felt I would lose a little style and save some big bucks with the Curt.

·
Registered
256 Posts
FYI...the Curt looks like Nissmo's picture

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Mine had the same weld splatter and general lack of deburring on sawn edges. You would have to lay on the ground under Mo to notice it though.
But, it had no fitment problems whatsoever. It is built pretty heavy....kinda makes up for the roughness.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The Quality S hitch on Ebay for $99 shows a square tube and states that it is powder coated. That doesn't agree what has been posted in this thread.

·
Registered
127 Posts
HuskyFan said:
The Quality S hitch on Ebay for $99 shows a square tube and states that it is powder coated. That doesn't agree what has been posted in this thread.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ategory=33653&item=7988759369&sspagename=WDVW

The picture is not of a Murano hitch. But this is where I got my Qual S hitch.

If I were doing it again>Curt:

http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=E&Product_Code=12515&Category_Code=CH

Am using the $20 Hoppy (WalMart) crimp-on wiring kit that works great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts