Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody buy the PolyShield package (outside, leather) that the dealers push when buying? If so, is it any good? I'm wondering if it would eliminate having to wax the outside.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
That is what they claim. But it really depends on the work of the person who puts it on. They say you will not need to wax your car and it seems it is true on my MBZ which had the same treatment as my MO (both are black). However, the one MBZ applied stays nice and shiny and feels oily after a wash (supposed to have teflon in it)but the one on the MO is not as good. IMHO it is not worth the $600+. Get zaino and do it yourself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As a newbie here, I am not sure what Nissan is offering. But. . .

I am having some bodywork done on my current car and the body shop manager told me that the only thing the polyshield is -- is a bottle of wax. Everytime a dealership sells polyshield to someone for $300 or $600 the bodyshop gets to charge all of that money for a $20 bottle of wax.

You probably could get the same thing if you make them put an additional coat of clearcote on it and then use a good Maguire's (or Mothers) wax twice a month.

Just my 2¢

1 - 3 of 3 Posts