Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's quickly coming up on golf season. I've got over $1,000 worth of equipment that I drive around with for 6-7 months of the year. Now in the trunk of the old Taurus, all that stuff was out of sight from any would be thieves. In the MO however, that's not quite the case.

I suppose I could leave the cargo cover in place, but that thing is the source of the only rattle I've ever encountered. Besides, if I ever want to drop down the seats and do some hauling, that thing is in the way.

Another option is to go naked. In most instances, the dark tinted windows of the MO sufficiently hide, or at least mask, most items in the back. Unfortunately, my golf bag has "Taylor Made" written on it in bright, white, 6000 point font. It almost glows back there. It screams steal me!

Here's my simple, cheap and unbelievably effective solution:

I was walking through Walmart and spotted a clearance bin of fabric (cloth if you will) for $1 a yard. I bought 2 yards of black cloth. I loaded up the MO with Walmart crap and closed the hatch. It was daylight and I could see the bags. I opened the hatch, threw the fabric over the bags, closed the hatch and I tell you, the stuff was gone. It was an amazing illusion. The black cloth coupled with the tinted windows made those bags disappear.

It doesn't look like a pile of crap covered with a black cloth. IT LOOKS EMPTY.

2 yards, folded in half, covers the entire back with the seats upright. 2 yards not folded in half, covers the entire back with the seats folded down!

An added bonus is if you ever have to crawl under the MO in crappy weather, you've got a really cheap ground cover onboard.

·
4,664 Posts
Ahhh Walmart.... Yes.

Thanks, I had a blanket that matched the interior of my Maxima that was great at making things fade away. Unfortunately, it's a light tan colour, so in the charcoal Murano, it screams "STUFF UNDERNEATH!"

I've been looking for a replacement...:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts