Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that in these Nissan Muranos you can hear any little normal noise coming from the vehicle even if it’s a water droplet falling on the top of the vehicle? It’s so weird. Kinda annoying. I know other car brands have better noise blocking insulation or something. Has anyone experienced this with the Nissan cars or muranos?

·
Registered
2019 Platinum 2WD White
25 Posts
No. I had 96 Town Car Signature model and the Murano seems as good. Maybe your car was skipped for insulation when made.🤔

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My '19 is very quiet for a car in its class IMO... I agree, it makes me think that maybe some Muranos are missing some something during assembly, or some drivers are particularly sensitive... However, I consider myself sensitive to sound too...

Reactions: misshely

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My '19 is very quiet for a car in its class IMO... I agree, it makes me think that maybe some Muranos are missing some something during assembly, or some drivers are particularly sensitive... However, I consider myself sensitive to sound too...
Yeah I think I’m very sensitive to sound lol I have good ears. Maybe some times I’m paying too much attention cuz sometimes I hear little noises like pebbles or whatever but overall yes it’s a quiet car especially when I’m at red lights and the car is stopped. Thanks!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ironic that you should post about that, since today I drove in a heavy rainstorm and thought to myself how loud the droplets sounded when hitting the roof. I even closed the moonroof shade to see if that would provide any kind of sound buffer, but obviously being thin it made no difference. I've driven my MO3 in heavy rain and it didn't sound loud or annoying at all. The rain falling down on MO21 was pretty obnoxious. Might be cheap, lighter-weight material that's amplifying the impacts more. My MO3 did not have a moonroof or sunroof, so maybe it's simply the glass panes that are creating the noise.

On a different note, it does seem that at higher speeds, with the windows closed, I can hear the outside very easily around the piller behind the driver (the one the seatbelt runs throiugh.) I can't count the number of times I've turned my head to see if the driver-rear window was opened slightly. It never is. Something seems to be lacking somewhere, but overall it's a decently quiet interior.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ironic that you should post about that, since today I drove in a heavy rainstorm and thought to myself how loud the droplets sounded when hitting the roof. I even closed the moonroof shade to see if that would provide any kind of sound buffer, but obviously being thin it made no difference. I've driven my MO3 in heavy rain and it didn't sound loud or annoying at all. The rain falling down on MO21 was pretty obnoxious. Might be cheap, lighter-weight material that's amplifying the impacts more. My MO3 did not have a moonroof or sunroof, so maybe it's simply the glass panes that are creating the noise.

On a different note, it does seem that at higher speeds, with the windows closed, I can hear the outside very easily around the piller behind the driver (the one the seatbelt runs throiugh.) I can't count the number of times I've turned my head to see if the driver-rear window was opened slightly. It never is. Something seems to be lacking somewhere, but overall it's a decently quiet interior.
I think on the ones with the panoramic moonroof the noises like rain are louder than the ones without…and I suspect it’s because there isn’t anything in place to deaden sound between the thin shade and the glass. I notice the difference when riding in my friends that doesn’t have the moonroof. But overall I still feel like its not as bad as some vehicles. It was more noisy in my Rogues…and none of them had the moonroof

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah, with no "dead space" to break up and disrupt sound waves, the noise just goes straight into the cabin. I wonder if slipping a custom-cut piece of foil-faced insulation (refer to pic) on top of the shade would provide any significant redirection and reduction of sound waves and noise. Maybe even a simple, accordian-like windshield sunshade cut to fit might help.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Exactly. I read somewhere that muranos don’t have a good insulation at least in comparison to other car brands. Which is why we hear every annoying sound that the car makes even when it’s a normal sound like pebbles hitting the car or rain droplets or whatever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think on the ones with the panoramic moonroof the noises like rain are louder than the ones without…and I suspect it’s because there isn’t anything in place to deaden sound between the thin shade and the glass. I notice the difference when riding in my friends that doesn’t have the moonroof. But overall I still feel like its not as bad as some vehicles. It was more noisy in my Rogues…and none of them had the moonroof
Ohhh really?? And the rogue was my first car choice lol! Glad to know I made the right decision going for the murano then 😂

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ohhh really?? And the rogue was my first car choice lol! Glad to know I made the right decision going for the murano then 😂
I had 3 Rogues…definitely a huge difference. And I was reminded earlier this year when the service department gave me a 2021 Rogue as a loaner while the replaced some parts for my HVAC. Decent car but more noisy and rides rougher. You get more for your money but you sacrifice for sure

·
Registered
282 Posts
Has anyone noticed that in these Nissan Muranos you can hear any little normal noise coming from the vehicle even if it’s a water droplet falling on the top of the vehicle? It’s so weird. Kinda annoying. I know other car brands have better noise blocking insulation or something. Has anyone experienced this with the Nissan cars or muranos?
There so many topics on this subject, and I concur, Mo has a very little insulation if any. I have Mo 15 parked next to 18 Mercedes, when I knock on the both doors at the same time, i can hear the difference, MB has deep sound vs Nissan loud and feels like it has thin metal sheet or paint.
anyway, when I drive it, im always think some window is open as I can hear all little sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is poor. When I switched from '12 to '18, the very first thing I noticed was the floor boards vibration in '18. When driving '18, I could feel the vibration from the floor boards going up my legs. Now that I am driving it for a while, I guess I am used to.

·
Registered
804 Posts
It is poor. When I switched from '12 to '18, the very first thing I noticed was the floor boards vibration in '18. When driving '18, I could feel the vibration from the floor boards going up my legs. Now that I am driving it for a while, I guess I am used to.
Same here going from the 10 to 18. The Gen2 was more solid, but Gen3 is a fine vehicle overall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Omg I get that weird random vibration too sometimes when I drive coming from either the pedals or floor board. I know it’s normal but yeah the insulation is poor in comparison to other car brands

1 - 14 of 14 Posts