Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my Murano. It is 18 days out of the 36 month warranty and all I would like to know is of they will extend it to fix tht rattling in the driver's front. I have spoken with several reps since 2/1/2020. All of which have absolutely denied letting me speak with a supervisor and will not answer my question. I need to know if they are going to to the right thing. I have been laughed at hung up on and lied to. I have spoken with Lorena twice, Sabastin, David, Andrew twice, Helen, Ruth, and last but not least Mags. On 2/1 and 2/3bi was advised I would receive a call back I said it would have to be after 6pm due to work they called both times around 230pm. Today I was told they would call in 4 to 8 hrs. That expired at 943pm still no call I called back and demanded to 4 different reps to speak to a supervisor and they all lied saying no one was available. I am fed up and tired of being ran around. They repeatedly told me I could get a call back on Monday. I repeatedly advised them I work Monday and couldn't take a call. Why won't they deal with a customer. I own 2 Nissan vehicle and they owe it to me as a paying customer to speak to me. This is piss poor customer service at best. All I want is my question answered and then I can see what my next course of action will be.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Try the dealer where you bought your car. Or the dealer you go to for service if at all. But I would not get my hopes up.

What rattle? Inside the drivers door?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Was the issue going on before your warranty expire? And if so did you take it in for service (with a work order receipt to show as your paper trail)? As much as we would love for them to do a goodwill repair out of warranty they technically aren’t required to since the warranty period is clearly defined. But if you have been complaining about the issue prior to warranty ending and you have record of the complaints and their attempts to resolve then it may help. No guarantee though. Maybe share more detailed specifics about the issue you’re having. Someone may be able to steer you in the right direction of getting the problem fixed

·
Registered
253 Posts
I concur with both Kae (was the problem already reported) and Nitely (take to selling and/or servicing dealer). Often times the dealer has leeway with vehicles slightly out of warranty. Also, you didn't say how many miles you have on the vehicle, is it out of warranty by miles too, or was it already?. My dealer service department is a good one and I maintain an excellent relationship with them accordingly. I had a similar issue with a noise that the dealer attempted to fix (at no charge even though I was slightly out of warranty). I have a CPO which may be irrelevant but when the noise got worse I talked to the service manager and said I wanted to call Nissan directly for myself AND for them to ensure that the dealership gets paid for their work on my behalf. Patience, courtesy and consultation with dealership personnel can pay off. I wish you the best of luck getting the issue resolved.

·
Super Moderator
7,970 Posts
Go past the dealer. You can go tot he regional rep/manager with your problem if the dealer is stonewalling you. I sold cars for two years and there is normally a fairly easy way to reach the regional manager. You can do this without being rude to the dealership, but I sense they're not making any points with you at all.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Keep trying. I have had assistance with warranty work outside the warranty on two different Nissan vehicles. Once they picked up all the cost and once with major AC work they picked up the labor (which was the major cost of the repairs) and I had to pick up the material cost.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Unclear if OP was calling the dealer or Nissan USA
Go past the dealer. You can go tot he regional rep/manager with your problem if the dealer is stonewalling you. I sold cars for two years and there is normally a fairly easy way to reach the regional manager. You can do this without being rude to the dealership, but I sense they're not making any points with you at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try the dealer where you bought your car. Or the dealer you go to for service if at all. But I would not get my hopes up.

What rattle? Inside the drivers door?
It is in the suspension. Drivers side. I bought it at CarMax and info my own oil changes and such.
I concur with both Kae (was the problem already reported) and Nitely (take to selling and/or servicing dealer). Often times the dealer has leeway with vehicles slightly out of warranty. Also, you didn't say how many miles you have on the vehicle, is it out of warranty by miles too, or was it already?. My dealer service department is a good one and I maintain an excellent relationship with them accordingly. I had a similar issue with a noise that the dealer attempted to fix (at no charge even though I was slightly out of warranty). I have a CPO which may be irrelevant but when the noise got worse I talked to the service manager and said I wanted to call Nissan directly for myself AND for them to ensure that the dealership gets paid for their work on my behalf. Patience, courtesy and consultation with dealership personnel can pay off. I wish you the best of luck getting the iss

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vehicle has 35000 miles on it btw. They sound me again on Friday. They were supposed to call by 943pm and didn't I called back and stayed on the phone with them till almost 11. They insist there isn't a manager to speak to. They said they would call me on Monday. I very specifically told them I work Monday and I wouldn't be able to answer. They still insisted that what they would do. What a bunch of dumbasses.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The vehicle has 35000 miles on it btw. They sound me again on Friday. They were supposed to call by 943pm and didn't I called back and stayed on the phone with them till almost 11. They insist there isn't a manager to speak to. They said they would call me on Monday. I very specifically told them I work Monday and I wouldn't be able to answer. They still insisted that what they would do. What a bunch of dumbasses.
Did you make previous documented complaints about the issue with a Nissan dealership prior to warranty ending? That matters especially since you purchased outside of Nissan and not necessarily having a clear repair or maintenance history in record (depends on what the original owner did during the time they had it for example). How long have you owned the vehicle? If you bought it fairly recently have you reached out to CarMax to see what assistance they would be willing to provide since they sold you the vehicle? It would really help some of us to try a steer you in the best direction or be as honest as possible if you could be a detailed in the whole situation. When did you purchase? When did the issue start? Did you take it to Nissan service prior to warranty running out at any point about the issue? Did you speak with CarMax? When you purchased it (if it was fairly recently) was it sold “as is” or did you have a very specific amount of warranty time left before you tried to get the issue addressed with Nissan? Hope you get some resolution but depending on all of the details associated with it...it’s possible that Nissan won’t do anything. That’s not necessarily poor customer service depending on the factors and actions. It’s one of the risks if you purchase from somewhere else used and as is or limited time left on warranty (not saying this is what happened). A Nissan dealership at their own discretion may try to work with you. They aren’t required to do so but depending on how you are with them it is possible. Or...and you may not be happy about this but they may be unwilling to assist and refer you to the dealership you purchased from. Hopefully something definitive happens for you.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Unless you have previously reported the suspension issue with the dealer and they acknowledged the problem, doubt they will do anything.

Could be the LCA rear bushing. Is it clanking when coming to a stop?

·
Registered
253 Posts
It is in the suspension. Drivers side. I bought it at CarMax and info my own oil changes and such.

My advice would be to take the car back to CarMax and deal with them. They are the selling dealer. If you have no relationship with a Nissan dealer they will not be the most forthcoming and Nissan USA wouldn't have any documentation of a previous complaint. CarMax on the other hand sold it to you and "should" be willing to take care of it for you in the interest of customer satisfaction. CarMax is usually pretty accommodating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts