Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Murano replaced my 2002 Mercedes ML320, I also purchased a 2003 Altima on the same day as the Murano. I have noticed very poor radio reception in the Murano compared to the ML320 and the 03' Altima.

Have others of you experienced this?

My favorite station happens to be weaker than the others in my area, but my other cars recieve it just fine. The Murano recieves it about 60% of the time while I am driving in on the same route to work.

I also just installed the Sirius Satellite Radio from the Infiniti (G35) kit that is helping to relieve my frustration. Very kool! Nissan told me it wasn't available.

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, the antenna doesn't help... A good resonant whip would improve it, but do you really want that on the roof? Could be worse, it could be a wire on the glass....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am having problems with poor reception also. I listen to the local NPR station and had no problem getting clear reception on my last car. Any suggestions on how this might be remedied?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Radio Recption Issue

I don't know. When I purchased my one day subscription a few weeks ago, that wasn't one of the TSB's that was available at that time so I have nothing more than the teaser Nissan provides.

That particular one is also not listed on the NHSTA site.

Maybe just call your dealer and ask him?

·
Registered
225 Posts
AM Radio

So neither of my 2 favorite Sports Talk radio stations will come in.

I tried clicking on the link above but it did work.

Is there something I need to adjust? I messed around with the LITTLE antenna but that didn't help.

Any quick fixes?

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
I have that TSB if anyone is interested....It calls for tightening of the bolts beneath the antenna to secure a good ground.......It has a complete removal/replacement procedure in it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
generator, that would be great if you could e-mail me that TSB about the AM radio.

Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow thanks for the TSB. Looks like it could be a DIY fix assuming the overhead light will come out easily.

·
Registered
225 Posts
what's the best way to get the map light off?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts