Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through my first snow/ice storm with my '04 MO. I have to say it's the worst wiper design in any car I've owned in the last 10 years.

Because the wipers can't be lifted in the off position the snow just sits there and continues to builds up under them.

I know you can turn off the car when the wipers are on the way up but who wants to play that game when the weather is bad?

Also, becasue of this poor design the washer jets are blocked.

Looks like the work or a Jr. engineer.

Ray

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly.:4:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it's another example of them engineering a feature to reduce wind noise to keep 2% of the owners happy while annoying the hell out of the remainder. See the discussion on the sunroof not opening fully starting with the '04 model.....

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
ToddEichel said:
I think it's another example of them engineering a feature to reduce wind noise to keep 2% of the owners happy while annoying the hell out of the remainder. See the discussion on the sunroof not opening fully starting with the '04 model.....
Correction...it's not just the 04s. I have an 03 and the 'half a sunroof' option as well.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
More reasons to move to Arizona! GRIP :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the '03 & '04's have the adjustable (notched) opening control also?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Yes they do, but as an existing thread states, some of our (me being one of them) sunroofs open with 4 inches of window exposed still.

·
Registered
554 Posts
sunroofs . . .

And what really sucks is that none of the dealers in my area will do anything about it since the sunroof is "technically" within spec! I don't blame them - just NML (they made the darn thing!).

On a lighter note, the steel shortages are causing slowdowns in Japan, but Automotive News reports that Nissan will continue to manufacture the projected number of "high margin" Murano's. Our little SUV is a hot seller that makes LOTS of money for mama Nissan.

·
5,244 Posts
I hope they will reinvest at least some of the monies and get rid of the small rattles/squicks etc.....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I've got to make a measurement, but I think the 05 sunroof opens up further than the 04 did. GRIP :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts