Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
2forNow said:
Wow,

That sounds like a good price!! Is thhat everything you need to hook it up?
Yes, that should be. All you should have to do is remove the factory airbox to install it. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look at the image on the page I supplied, you'll see that it's the same unit as described in the posts here. Why it's so cheap at this place, I can't answer. The unit number is PMAX4-1XCO1. I think I am going to get one for myself.

·
Registered
828 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's missing the "Z" tube fellas. That's the other 1/2 of this little upgrade. Tube $76 to $102 frm Dealer, $61 on EBay.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Good $ !

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious about the effects of the Z tube.
What exactly does that add to the performance of the vehicle?
Pardon me, but I am a novice here when it comes to performance tuning.

From what I've been reading in the forums, it sounds like quite a few Mo owners have the Pop charger without the additional Z tube?

Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Z tube moves the intake cone-filter out of the engine bay and down into the chin of the car to get truly cold air. The only problem besides extra cost is that you better not try wading through deep puddles with that Z tube...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ref. Z-Tube , Go to Performance/CAI mod portion of Forum and hit the link & read more details and times in 1/4 mile. Don't know if BS, but makes for passing time.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Actualy the Z-tube has no sound chambers and allows the flow of air to be smooth. It is shorter that our air tube and does now go low.

An intake such as Ingen when used with full tubing will put the air filter low in the bumber area for a good amount of cold air.
Water, that's debatable, since water is heavier than air you'll never suck it up unless the air filter is fully in placed in water.

elliotgb said:
Just curious about the effects of the Z tube.
What exactly does that add to the performance of the vehicle?
Pardon me, but I am a novice here when it comes to performance tuning.

From what I've been reading in the forums, it sounds like quite a few Mo owners have the Pop charger without the additional Z tube?

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts