Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back again, lol. It's been a while since I've had a problem.

Couple days ago I noticed when coming to a stop, around 8mph or so there's a whirr or that's what it sounds like. Once almost to a stop it feels as if the CVT disengages and the whir stops. Also, when in drive as the car is idling I can feel a faint vibration through the brake pedal. This goes away in park and neutral, in reverse its less noticeable.

Attached down below is a video.

Whir starts towards the end of the video, listen for a whir. Sorry the sound is so very faint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The new Honda ones are fantastic, totally changed my idea of what a CVT can be. My first car (2011 Legacy) had one that was god awful, there was an entire second (felt like 5 second) delay between flooring it and the car responding at all. It would never rev past 5500 and made an incredibly annoying whirr in the process. Girlfriend recently started leasing a new Civic Hatch Sport with a CVT. It really helps maximize the powerband of that 1.5t and is exceptional at city driving. When you step on it on the highway it does an extremely good job at simulating upshifts, keeping the turbo in the meat of its power instead of droning somewhere near redline.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts