Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pie.net/pcnissan.htm

P.I.E. has a new converter out for 12 pin Nissan interface that will allow you to use a Pioneer XM Tuner. I sent them an e-mail asking if it will work with newer SAT capable Nissans, including the Murano. Will post back when they reply. Pioneer's XM tuner probably has much better text support than what Nissan's Clarion unit does. If it will I would be tempted to return the Nissan unit back to Grubbs and go with the Pioneer unit. You can get the Pioneer 903's for $130, and the adapter will probably be $100.

·
4,601 Posts
It emulates an external CD changer. Since no one's confirmed yet, if an external changer actually works on the Murano, it's speculation.

It won't use the SAT button in it's present form, that's for sure.

I recall someone installing a Phatnoise into a G35. The initial software rev they got, emulated the changer. Using this, disabled the internal changer on their G even though it was supposed to toggle between the two, by pressing the CD button. They then got a version that emulated SAT and all was well.

If it does work, then I would expect you could have a Nissan Sat receiver and this one. So you could have both XM and Sirius. However, I suspect, the Nissan interface might support both. But again, I'd have to look at one, to know....

·
Registered
20 Posts
The unit (NIS/PC-PIOX) is still in development-has not been tested with 03/04 Murano.

Thank you for contacting PIE.

the response i received from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts