Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Your ride is freaking sweet. :29: Where did you buy the grilles from? I can't justify $360 for that grille. Maybe for both though. I think you should get red. It will give your ride that extra kick. Even though it would definitely turn my head now.

·
4,664 Posts
Red.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, I have only had it for about three weeks but I am lovin it. I found the grilles here. I showed the guys at the dealership the website and he ordered them. I don't know if he ordered them from that website or not though because mine came without the Nissan emblem in the middle. I really didn't want it there anyway. They took a while to come in but I had them all installed by the dealership yesterday and have been walking around "giddy as a little school" girl ever since.:D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I am making mine red right now! GRIP :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
I never understood the concept of powdercoating/painting factory calipers. Yes, some cars come with 6 (or more) piston calipers from the factory either anodized or powdercoated an obvious color to draw attention to this fact. But, coloring factory ones?

"Hey look at me, I have stock calipers... but they're red"

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Halo said:
I never understood the concept of powdercoating/painting factory calipers. Yes, some cars come with 6 (or more) piston calipers from the factory either anodized or powdercoated an obvious color to draw attention to this fact. But, coloring factory ones?

"Hey look at me, I have stock calipers... but they're red"
I am with you on this one. :rolleyes:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I think it is a matter of personal taste...

And i think black murano looks good on red caliper.
So, imho, you should go powder coat the caliper especially since you have a friend who offer to do it cheap/free?

Dont forget to buy a NISMO brake decall so that you can have it on the caliper ;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
zebelkhan said:

I am with you on this one. :rolleyes:
I think it's all a matter of personal taste...go for it :29:

·
Registered
542 Posts
with your black mo I'd go red also...how is the fit of those grilles? do they line up with the hood well? Also are they chrome? They don't seem to be very shiny in the pics.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The MO has huge factory brakes...a lot better than any recent GM or Chrysler product I've owned...no harm drawing attention to one of the vehicles best assets....particularly through an SL wheel that shoes alot of caliper/rotor...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too think it is a matter of personal taste. While it would be better to have a set of powder coated Baer brakes than factory ones it would also cost money. My friend is going to do it for FREE! I think we can all agree than free is the best price there is, right?.......RIGHT!

The grilles line up great, no gaps or over hangs any where. I was really happy with the way they turned out. On my Altima it took some encouraging to get it to line up perfect. Also they are billet. They "bling" pretty good in person and add alot to the front end. I think the reason they do not look shiny in the pics is because of the way I was standing while taking them. U r kinda lookin straight through the grille. If anyone is considering the grilles I would highly suggest it.

·
5,100 Posts
THe purpose I have RED Calipers is not to say, "Hey look at me." It's that I like to see MY red calipers and the extra coating makes it easier for me to tell when its time to take off the wheels and clean the under fenders. I like clean, neat, pretty and taking the time to do it and having the pride of ownershp and increased enjoyment I got from doing it. I may never even drive the MO just play with it forever until I get another toy. I drive the SLK for fun and the S 500 for touring trips and let one of my kids do trucking if I need things hauled. Who know's I may not get get any tics, squeaks or rattels this way and also never have my alternator fail. To me the MO is a thing of beauty and that makes it a joy forever. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
KB2082

KB2082 Just had time to look at all you MO pics, It looks Great. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
Forgot to mention this some time ago, when I was painting my calipers I noticed that they have the Mitsubishi triple diamond logo cast into them. In the USA the antitrust laws or something gets in the way of such economies. GRIP :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts